Chapter 81: «I'm determined to try to find him »

Kim

Since Chay moved in with me, my life has taken an unexpected turn. Mornings are now filled with his infectious laughter and lively discussions over a cup of coffee. Evenings are transformed into moments of complicity and sharing, where every moment seems precious. While this new dynamic has changed my routines, it has also enriched my life in ways I never imagined.

However, despite this new phase of my life, my previous goals remain at the forefront. This is something that Chay accepted, knowing perfectly well that his ex Arm is in my sights and that I am also doing for him. Although I put my studies on hold to help my father oversee the Wen family, my thirst for knowledge remains intact. I continue to follow my studies but from home. I enrolled in a history thesis but that doesn't stop me from spending long hours analyzing data and exploring the twists and turns of the Darknet. This allowed me to discover surprising connections between Time and Big, opening up fascinating new avenues of interesting research.

During this time, my investigations led me on the trail of suspicious movements among mercenaries from different factions of the mafia. This data converges towards the same point, suggesting an imminent attempt to free Big, currently detained. Determined to prevent this escape and preserve the fragile balance of our underworld, I redouble my efforts to collect tangible evidence and thwart their plans.

For me, this mission goes well beyond my usual responsibilities. It's a race against time to protect those dear to me and maintain order in our clandestine universe.

I have warned Vegas and Pete of the suspicious actions I have noticed and they are on guard. During my phone call, I could sense that Pete was a little distressed. I promised him I would tell the police about Chan's actions and that I wasn't going to let him get Big out of jail.High alert has been given and everyone is on guard but as if that wasn't enough, my hackers have almost finished hacking the data from Time's computer, the ones that Pete had stolen a few months earlier, when Time had started to enter our lives and I suspected it of being something nefarious.

There is a lot of interesting data to analyze and certain secret files that I still have to decipher. I can't wait for the moment when I discover all their content. I'm sure there are secrets in his documents that Time wouldn't want me to discover.

Strangely enough, I discovered while delving deep into the confines of the Darknet that Time had attempted to erase all relationship ties with Chan Wen and Big. I don't know why they seem so close but everything suggests that the relationship between them is much more familial than we would like to believe.

I have a bad feeling about what I might discover. Panic creeps into my mind as Chay wakes up.

I've been up for a while, sleeping no more than 5 hours a night. I rush into the kitchen to make Chay's breakfast, looking happy.

I don't want him to worry about me. After all, I am in control.

Chay

I wake up slowly in our apartment, bathed in the morning light filtering through the curtains. The weather is beautiful today and I can already hear Kim busy in the kitchen.I'm tired from my neck weeks but happy to be there. Kim is paying for all my education and I can't disappoint him or my parents. They put so much hope in me that I can't afford to fail. My dream is to be able to live a comfortable life, without Kim doing anything necessary.

I work very hard for this, taking private lessons every evening and staying ahead of the other students in my class. I make summary sheets on all my courses and my homework that I have.

I only go outside during school hours. I have no friends and that suits me well. The less distraction I have, the better I can focus on my success goals.I quickly get dressed to go join him. As soon as I arrive in the kitchen, I see a beaming smile on his somewhat tired face.