Chapter 11: «How do we meet again» [+18]

Vegas

- Business is business, Mr. Smith. I have other more advantageous obligations elsewhere.

I am horrified to hear Dad's voice in the kitchen. I thought he would no longer be there and that he had a trip to make but in the end no. I expected to have the house for myself alone, to have all the servants for me alone but no. I still have to share a breakfast with Dad.

Sighing, I quickly pulled myself together to face him. He must not see that his presence makes me uncomfortable. I put a falsely joyful smile on my face before opening the door to the dining room. Dad has monopolized the whole table with his work papers, which means that he is overwhelmed and I should not disturb him.

He sees me coming and I quickly bow to him but without saying anything. He doesn't like it when I talk to him while he's at work. He nods to greet me in return and I already see the servants working to prepare my breakfast.

They also try to make as little noise as possible. Dad scares everyone here and when he is angry, you have to worry about his life. I sit at my table place watching Dad work hard in his work. He always wanted me to be like him but I will never be. I have a temper as strong as his but I know when to be gentle. I don't know how to control him. Dad has an explosive character and can fight me for things for which I am absolutely not responsible.

One day, he will pay for everything he has done to me. For the time being, I have to shut up and suffer. One of the servants puts my lunch tray in front of me. I raise my head to thank her in silence.

She bows slightly before giving Dad a black look, too focused on what he does to see him. The servant who served me is Gabriela. She is Italian and always dreams of being a dancer but she could not realize her dream. She became pregnant at the age of 16 and has a 4-year-old boy. She is older than me but I consider her a good friend.

Dad never understood why I sympathized with the people who served us as a servant. I try to make him understand that before we are an employer and an employee, we are all human beings and that we all deserve some respect. Dad tries to improve on this aspect even if sometimes he totally forgets to do it. I tell myself that sometimes... Dad is not a lost cause.

Gabriela is not the only girl who works for me and Dad. In fact, there are many of them. Another proof that shows that Dad still has a heart is that he is trying to rescue all the people in poverty that he can help. All the servants we have are young girls who are the most under the age of 25. They have children and Dad does his best to give them everything they need for her and their family.

Dad has a contradictory personality. While waiting for him to solve his problems, I eat my breakfast in silence and in total boredom. I can't use my phone at the table, otherwise I'll be severely reprimanded.

So I stay in my thoughts. Today I have lesson in business law and I have already done some lessons on this in my old university, I should get by.

My new teachers are aware that I will arrive in class today but the students do not. I wonder how I'm going to get out of this side. I'm not very sociable but once I'm comfortable with the people I'm dating, I'm a complement to someone else.

Loneliness has never bothered me but as I am new, I will need someone to guide me in the pace of work in the class. In law, classes compete with each other. It's a ruthless world and you have to be well prepared.

I finish my breakfast. I get up from my place and take a look at Dad, again on the phone.

- No tomorrow I can't but send me your report. I read it today and I will send you my opinion in return by email....Here...we will do it like that...Goodbye...