t h i r t y - t w o

Real quick [A/N]

Calum is Lottie's half brother, his father is her father. their father raped her. Luke killed Brandon. He actually had closed his eyes when he thought he saw Lottie and Brandon doing shit.

Did I miss anything else confusing?

t h i r t y - t w o :

I wake up to the sound of my cell phone ringing. At 7 in the morning.

To goddamn early.

I blindly reach for my phone, aiming in the direction of where I hear the sound before my hand settles on the familiar cool surface of my cell.

I squint my eyes open only enough to answer the phone, but not enough to see who was calling.

But I wish I had.

After being ignored by your oldest best friend for two weeks, you start to have doubts. And suspicions.

Calum had been avoiding me at school, ignoring my attempts to talk to him.

I asked myself and him more than once in an unreturned text, what did I do for him to hate me all of a sudden.

At first, I thought that it might had something to do with Danielle. But she said that nothing was wrong with their picture perfect relationship.

I didn't understand why I was getting the cold shoulder when I knew that I was doing nothing wrong.

It had crossed my mind that maybe it wasn't me that had done the wrong, but I don't even know where to begin with that thought.

"Lottie?" Calum's voice asked in question.

My mind raced as my mouth remained silent. Why just now is he finally calling me after ignoring and avoiding me for 2 weeks. What had happened that was so bad that he thought he couldn't face me.

He had never done this before.

Bot in our five years of best friendship.

If he had a problem, or something he needed to tell me, he always find the time, suck it up, and tell me what in the hell was going on.

As much as I wanted to hate him, he was in fact my best friend. I couldn't hate him even if I tried.

"Calum?" I asked, my voice cracking and groggy, yet already on the verge of tears.

"Oh Lottie." His voice wavers, like my emotions. "Can I please come see you? I miss you."

"Yes please Cal." I answer, trying to remain composed, but am not doing the best job at it.

"I'll be there in a few Lotts." He says, raising my old nickname from the grave. And honestly, I used to hate being called that, but hearing him call me that once more makes my eyes swell with tears.

"Okay Cal." I return his nickname, which I still use regularly.

I pull the phone away from my eye and end the phone call before laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling, my mind still wondering why he was ignoring me in the first place.

I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes, before getting out of bed, walking over to my closet before settling on a tank top and sweats. I have no need to dress up for Calum, in fact, he's seen me when I've looked worse than this.

I grab my phone, dropping it in my pocket before walking to my bathroom, brushing my teeth, peeing, and pulling my hair into a bun.

When I walk downstairs, I see Luke in the kitchen making a bowl of cereal, earbuds in his ears as he jams out to his favorite songs.