f i v e

f i v e :

“You guys did what?!” Danielle yells at me over the phone.

“We kissed Danielle, we fucking kissed!” I tell her, running my fingers through my hair.

I’ve been so stressed and on edge ever since.

I kissed him two nights ago, and I can’t stop thinking about it. Hell, I’m even dreaming about it.

I can’t stop thinking about how our lips met, our tongues knew where to meet each other. How he hands pulled me on top of him. How my hand wove themselves in his hair. How we both pulled away breathless, and then after 2 moments of being away, we were back kissing again.

I dream about taking it even further.

His hands running underneath my oversized shirt, his warm palms on my skin, holding my hips. Going up even further to my breasts, squeezing them gently. How could I dream of such a thing I didn’t know, but it happened.

“You’re going crazy Lottie, are you sure it wasn’t just your imagination.” She asks me, clearing thinking that I was making it up.

“No Danielle this is serious! I went into his room when I had a nightmare and we started watching Shrek for the millionth time, and then one moment we were just looking at each other and the next I was making out with him!” I tell her, looking to my door to see if Luke was standing there listening, but then I remember that he went to the store to get more food.

“Hey, at least you didn’t fuck him.” She tells me.

“I know you want to.” I combat, but then go back to the point. “Danielle, what we did was illegal.”

“It won’t be once your 18.” She says, blowing a bubble with her gum and popping it over the phone, the popping sound echoing. “Then you can go at him. He is your stepdad, you guys aren’t related by blood, and not by marriage anymore.”

“Still Danielle, don’t you know how wrong this is?” I say, sighing and then falling back onto my bed.

“Then call Ashton. Go do something with him to get Luke off your mind. I don’t know what I’m supposed to say.”

“I don’t either! I just- ugh.” I say, not knowing what to say.

“Seriously Lottie, go hook-up with Ashton. He misses you. He’s been at me all week on updates about you since you won’t answer his calls or messages.” She tells me.

“Fine. But can I come over to your place first? I miss you.” I tell her. I haven’t seen her since last Friday when we were at the hook-up spot and I was telling her goodbye when going to Ashton’s place.

“Yeah, my parents have been asking about you too. I think that they would like to know how you’re doing too.” She says.

“Great, thanks.”

“Do you want me to come get you?”

“Will you?” I ask sweetly. I have my license but Luke doesn’t want to get me a car. He thinks that I’ll text and drive, or drink and crash.

“Yeah, give me 10 minutes.”

“Thanks Danielle. See you soon.” I tell her.

“See ya.” Then the phone line dies.

I hear the door slam shut and walk downstairs to find Luke balancing groceries in his arms.

I relieve him of some of the paper bags and he mumbles a thanks under his breath. Ever since that night, he’s been isolating himself even more. I think he’s avoiding me. It makes me feel guilty.

“I’m going over to Danielle’s house to get my mind off things. I’ll be back before seven.” I tell him.

He doesn’t answer. He just nods. The gesture of him trying to avoid me makes me want to cry.

I grab my wallet and slip on my Toms, and then go sit in my front lawn waiting for Danielle.

When she finally gets there I was thinking about Luke and I again.

Why does something so wrong feel so right?

Like the way my body felt pressed against his.

“Lottie!” Danielle snaps me out of my daze. “Look who I’ve got.”

The back door window rolls down to reveal Ashton and Calum.

Ashton smiles at me, his eyes shining.

“Hey babe.” He says.

Calum slips out of the back seat and slips into the passengers while I slip in next to Ashton.

“Sorry I never called you back.” I tell him, not being able to meet his eyes.

“It’s okay, I understand.” He tells me, using his hand to lift my chin up, his hazel eyes staring into my blue ones.

Then he kisses me.

But something was wrong. The kiss didn’t feel right. It felt foreign and strange. But still I kiss him, my tongue meeting his. But still something was off. There was something missing.

But most of all, it didn’t feel like Luke’s.

(A/N)

Sorry for the crappy update.

I’ve had a migraine since yesterday morning and was still forced to go to school so I’m in a really shitty mood.

So yeah.

Pass the Advil please.