𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁 ☆ 8

Rosalyn became aware that she was in a forest as she came to. The fall had knocked her out slightly. She turned round and saw the locket horcrux lying in dead leaves a couple of metres away. She hastened to run and get it.

That's when she saw Harry and Hermione on their knees, leaning over Ron. Hermione was crying.

That's when she saw the big, bloody slash that went all the way down his chest, from his shoulder to his hip.

"Rosie," Hermione sniffled, noticing the red head was awake. "Rosie quick! In my bag there's a vial labelled essence of dittany!"

Ron groaned, writhing on the ground. Hermione tried to shush him but he didn't obey. Instead, she shouted to Rosalyn. "Quickly!"

"Okay!" Rosalyn shouted back. "Accio dittany!" She shouted, shoving her wand in the bag as the dittany zoomed out of it.

"Alright," Hermione sighed a shaky sigh. "Unstopper it, my hands are shaking."

"Hermione, what-" Rosalyn got cut off.

"I know, just do it!" Hermione yelled at her best friend.

As she applied the dittany to Ron, Rosalyn asked the fatal question. "What's going on? Where are we? I thought we were going to Grimmauld Place?"

"We were there, we were there but- Yaxley had hold of me and I- I couldn't shake him off and I knew once he's seen we were there we- we couldn't say so I- I brought us here but- Ron got splinched!"

Rosalyn remembered splinching. It was when some of your body got stuck where you had been, and didn't get taken with you when you apparated.

For a second, Harry, Rosalyn and Hermione looked at each other in silence, then Hermione got up and started to wave her wand around the area they were in.

"Protego totalum, salvio hexia..."

"Wh- what are you doing?" Harry asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Protective enchantments," Hermione answered. "I don't fancy another visit like the one we had in Shaftesbury Avenue, d'you? And you can get started on the tent."

"Hang on, tent- what?" Harry stuttered as Hermione went on with the enchantments.

"Come on," Rosalyn said to her brother. "I'll help, because I think we'll be very cold tonight if we let you put up the tent."

"Shut up, Rosie."

☆☆☆

The quartet, Ron's arm in a sling, were all gathered around the locket, wands out. The tent was up, the dittany had worked its magic (literally).

"You first," Hermione told Harry, who raised his wand at the locket that was rested on a log a metre away.

"Dissendum."

The locket blew up in a shower of sparks, and Rosalyn was just about to congratulate her brother before she heard a noise.

And the locket reappeared in front of them.

Hermione stepped in front of them all, her brows touching. "Incendio."

Again, the area around the locket blew up in flames but the horcrux stayed strong amongst them, not burning. The spells weren't strong enough.

"Expulso!" Rosalyn yelled, sending the locket up in a shower of sparks. It only moved a couple of metres. "Diffindo! Reducto! Incendio!"

She sent a few more non verbal spells at it, none of which worked. Sweating and panting with anger, Rosalyn picked up the slightly warm horcrux up and hung it round her neck.