𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 ☆ 12

Rosalyn was back at that house again, The Riddle House. But instead of Frank, it was her climbing the stairs up to the room.

She got to the landing and heard. "No, my lord, I just meant- perhaps if we were to do it without the girl-"

"No!" The cold, raspy voice spoke once more. "The girl is everything! It cannot be done without her, and it must be done exactly as I say!"

The man with the brown, messy hair stepped up and knelt down. He said. "I will not disappoint you, My Lord."

"Good," The voice said, she was then distracted by the dirty great snake coming up the stairs and slithering towards the room. Rosalyn (in her dream) moved her feet to let it pass and then tuned back into the conversation in the room. The female hissing voice came, and the man hissed back.

He then said. "Nagini tells me the old, muggle caretaker is standing just outside the door."

Pettigrew came to the door again, but the raspy voice spoke. "No. Step aside, Wormtail, so I can give our guest a proper greeting..."

The face, even though she wasn't quite sure who's, the green light, falling, the kettle...

"Rosie! Rosie!"

Hermione shook her awake. She looked up at him and said. "Mione?" In a very tired voice.

"Yeah, your were flailing around, you alright?" Rosalyn nodded, she was sure she was.

Hermione, however, had red, puffy eyes that looked like had been rubbed a thousand times, and a sad expression on.

"I tried to warn him," Rosalyn said. Hermione immediately knew what she was talking about. "I tried to say, but he doesn't care, he was just pissed at me for saying. He's jealous, Mione, if you want to date Viktor, you can."

Hermione sighed. "It's fine, Rosie. We can talk about this in the morning."

And so the two of them went back to sleep, both getting the remainder of the night in before they woke up.

☆☆☆

In the next week or so, Rosalyn started to really worry about the egg. After all, she hadn't made any effort to try and crack the clue inside it, and she had never opened it since it made half the common room deaf.

She and Hermione were now walking on the bridge, Hermione saying hotly. "You said you'd worked out that clue weeks ago!"

That was true. On the run up to Christmas, Rosalyn had told her friends that she had worked out the egg to stop them worrying about her, but she knew she'd have to break the news to them sooner or later.  And although now wasn't the perfect moment, it was the only one available.

"The task is two days from now!" Hermione said.

"Really? I had absolutely no idea, not like everyone's talking about it," Rosalyn said sarcastically. Then she spoke bitterly. "I suppose Viktor's figured it out."

"Wouldn't know, didn't actually talk about that," Hermione said shortly. This, at least, made Rosalyn feel a bit better as Hermione explained further. "Actually we don't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being."

Rosalyn smirked at her and Hermione sighed. "What I meant was he's not particularly acquisious. Mostly he watches me study, it's a bit annoying, actually."

Now Hermione looked at her, something in her eyes that Rosalyn had never seen before. "You are trying to figure this egg out aren't you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rosalyn asked inquisitively.