𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋 ☆ 14

Despite basically being brought back to life, Ron still wasn't completely well. He had been in the hospital wing for about an hour now, getting tended to by Madam Pomfrey. Hermione and Ginny sat either side of him chairs, their lips pursed and faces white.

Rosalyn sat on the end of his bed. She and Harry had to have told the story of Ron's poisoning about fifty times by now.

After she had told Professors Snape, McGonagall and Dumbledore, them plus Slughorn joined Hermione, Ginny, Harry and Rosalyn round Ron's bed.

"Quick thinking on your part, Rosalyn, using a bezoar," Dumbledore commented. "You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Mm?" Slughorn, who had been very subdued since the whole affair had taken place, frowned. "Oh yes, very... very proud."

"I think we all agree, Potter's actions were heroic, the question is, why were they necessary?" McGonagall stepped in. Rosalyn felt a rush of affection towards her head of house at that moment.

"Why, indeed," Dumbledore said lightly, heading over to Slughorn, who was still clutching the poisoned mead bottle. Dumbledore took it from him promptly. "It appears to be a gift, Horace. You are quite sure you have no idea who gave you this bottle?"

Slughorn shook his head.

Dumbledore, meanwhile, sniffed the bottle warily. "Produces subtle hints of liquorice and cherry, when not polluted with poison, of course."

"Actually, I'd intended to give it as a gift myself," Slughorn chose this moment to speak up.

"Ahh, to whom?" Dumbledore passed Snape the bottle, and he sniffed at it in turn.

"To you," Slughorn said regretfully.

But no one questioned this any further as Lavender Brown came running in, squealing hysterically. "Where is he? Has he been asking for me?" She grasped the end of the bed, and Rosalyn rolled her eyes as she made her move.

Suddenly, she saw Hermione and gasped. "What's she doing here?"

But Hermione wasn't taking any shit today. She stood up and snarled. "I might ask you the same question!"

"I happen to be his girlfriend," Lavender said angrily, getting up off the bed and stepping forward.

"I happen to be his- friend," Hermione said shortly.

"Oh don't make me laugh, you haven't spoken in weeks!" Lavender told her. "I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's all interesting!"

"He's been poisoned you daft dimbo!" Hermione burst out. "And for the record I've always found him interesting."

Suddenly, Ron breathed out incoherent words. "See?" Lavender jumped forward. "He senses my presence. Don't worry Won-Won, I'm here! I'm here!"

But her name was not the one Ron breathed out next.

"Er... my... nee... Ermione..."

Lavender was many things, but she wasn't stupid. She ran off crying at these words. "Oh, to be young, and to feel love's keen sting," Dumbledore commented.

Hermione, meanwhile, was looking very pleased. She had taken Ron's hand, and was sitting with him at the moment. "Well come on everyone, I think Mr Weasley's well tended," Dumbledore smiled.

"About time, don't you think?" Rosalyn heard Ginny say to Harry, who smirked as he walked away.

Rosalyn smirked too, at Hermione, who let out a "oh, shut up" at her best friend.

So that's Hermione, Rosalyn thought desperately to herself. She loves Ron, Ron loves her. And Ginny and Dean are fighting almost everyday now, so they'll split up soon... and then that'll be Harry...

But one thought still lingered in her mind.

How hard is it going to be watching them fall for each other when the person I love is with someone else?

☆☆☆

Over the next few days, Lavender broke up with Ron, and told him this one morning in the hospital. Hermione was much happier, and so was Ron, to be honest, once he got out of the hospital.

And then, for Rosalyn, came the best news ever.

They were at breakfast one morning, the quartet were all sitting together. Lavender was staring at them, or more death staring. Ron absent mindedly waved his wand, making small snowflakes cover the quartet.

"Stop it, Ron, you're making it snow," Hermione told him.

Ron, on the contrary to this, said quietly. "Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again."

Hermione looked quite worried. "Well... she came to visit you in the hospital... and you- talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation."

Rosalyn sniggered as Ron assured them once again. "Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her, it's just- she seems a bit- put out."

They all turned to see Lavender death staring them again, knife and fork up in her hands. "Yes," Rosalyn told him, a barely concealed smirk on her face. "She does, doesn't she?"

"You say, you don't remember anything, from that night?" Hermione asked Ron. "Nothing at all?"

"Well," Ron told her. "There is something..." He started to smile. "But- it can't be, I was completely boggled, wasn't I?"

He laughed, but Hermione didn't. "Yeah... right... boggled..."

"Rosie," she suddenly whispered to her best friend. "That's Katie," her voice returned to normal. "Katie Bell. She must be back today."

Rosalyn nodded and started to make her way towards the girl. She knew Katie, having played chaser with her for five years.

"Hey Rosie," she said, smiling, her lips pressed together.

"Hi, Katie, erm- I don't suppose-" Rosalyn started.

"I know what you're going to ask me, Rosie," she pursed her lips. "But I don't know. I've been trying to remember, but I can't. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine," Rosalyn sighed, changing the subject. "So when d'you think that you're going to be able to get back out on the Quidditch pitch?"

"Soon, I hope," Katie smiled. "Listen, I have to get to class, I'll speak to you soon!"

"See you soon," Rosalyn said defeatedly.

She went back to the table, but then saw that Neville, Dean and Seamus at it. Rosalyn would've walked away right there, but then she noticed something.

Hannah wasn't with them. With him. And when Rosalyn cast a glance at the Hufflepuff table where she was, she saw her eyes were puffy and red. This told Rosie all she needed to know.

All she hoped she needed to know.

She was finished with breakfast anyway, but as Hermione came up behind her, she delivered the best news ever.

"Rosie!" She said, her face glowing. "Rosie, Rosie, listen!"

"What?" Rosalyn asked in a bored voice.

"Well, you know how Neville and Hannah were sitting apart a breakfast?"

"I noticed," Rosalyn could hardly breathe.

"Well, Neville was just there and Dean told us, he and Hannah broke up."

Rosalyn's heart leapt to high heaven. She couldn't believe it. "Seriously?"

"Yeah," Hermione smiled back at her. "Hannah's pretty cut up about it but Neville's alright, he'll be asking you out in a couple of-"

"Shut up!" Rosalyn smiled, but she couldn't help feeling great. "Don't tempt fate."

Hermione giggled. "Come on, Rosie, we all know it's going to happen."

At long last, things were finally back to normal.