𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁 ☆ 9

Rosalyn was sat in the tent on a particularly rainy night, reading and re reading the ROWENA RAVENCLAW section of The Four Pillars of Hogwarts. She was looking for clues, clues that had been long-since dismissed as non existent.

"Oh my god!"

Rosalyn looked up just in time to see Hermione burst into the room. "What?" She asked in shock.

"I'll tell you in a minute!" Hermione told her best friend, looking through a book that was lain on the table.

"How about you tell me now?" Rosalyn sat opposite Hermione.

"The sword of Gryffindor," Hermione gasped out. "It's goblin made."

"And?" Rosalyn asked with raised eyebrows.

"No- Rosie, you don't understand, dirt and rust have no effect on the blade, it only takes in that which makes it stronger," Hermione showed Rosalyn text from a book.

"Okay..." Rosalyn was struggling to keep up.

"Rosie, you've already destroyed one horcrux, right?" Hermione asked rhetorically, getting up to move around. "Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Secrets!"

"With a basilisk fang," Rosalyn told Hermione information she already had. "If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours-"

"Don't you see?" Hermione asked. Rosalyn frowned. Clearly she was missing the point here. "In the Chamber of Secrets, you stabbed the basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor! It's impregnated with basilisk venom, which is why-"

"It can destroy horcruxes!" Rosalyn grinned.

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will!" Hermione matched her facial expressions.

"You are- brilliant, Hermione, truly."

"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail, and perceive clearly what others overlook!" Hermione blabbered. Rosalyn giggled.

"Yeah," Rosalyn nodded. "There's only one problem, of course, which is-"

Before she got another word in, a golden snitch zoomed past her face and the lights went out in the room.

When they came back on, Harry and Ron were standing before them. Harry clutching the snitch and Ron the deluminator, they both looked livid.

"Oh yeah," Ron spat out. "We're still here."

"But you two, carry on, don't let us spoil the fun," Harry said hatefully.

Rosalyn shut the book, standing up. "What's wrong?"

"Wrong?" Harry repeated. "Oh, nothing's wrong, not according to you, anyway."

"If you've got something to say, spit it out," Rosalyn said, genuinely confused now. "Don't leave us waiting."

"Alright, we'll spit it out," Ron said. "But don't expect us to be grateful because there's another damn thing we've got to find!"

"I thought you knew what you signed up for?" Rosalyn exclaimed in shock and anger.

"Yeah, we thought we did, too," said Harry, voice low and threatening.

"Alright, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand," Rosalyn rolled her eyes, heading towards the two boys. "What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we'd be living in a five star hotel? That we'd be finding a horcrux every other night- that you'd be back to being smothered by Molly at Christmas?"

"We just thought, that after all this time, we would've actually achieved something!" Ron bust out. "We thought you knew what you were doing, that Dumbledore had told you what to do! We thought you had a plan!"

𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 ☆ 𝑅𝑜𝑠𝑎𝑙𝑦𝑛 𝑃𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें