8 years later

Cody's POV:

It's been 8 years since the apocalypse started it surprising ended fairly quickly. It ended 2 years ago, ever since society started to rebuild it self, through also surprisingly it wasn't to badly damaged yeah some buildings were missing windows and stuff inside, plus some are burn down, also some of the power lines exploded but over all it wasn't that bad. Noah told me to meet him at a near by lake for my birthday. I always hated my birthday or forgot about it but ever since I mentioned Noah he's made me enjoy my birthday, so I was excited to see what he has for us to do. Before I leave I needed to get ready, I quickly looked through my clothing which wasn't much and started to decide what to wear, I ended up wearing some jeans with a collar shirt and a yellow sweater over it. I grabbed my phone and left.

Surprisingly Izzy and Eva were right in front of my door. "Hey Geek!" Izzy waved happily "Hey Izzy hey Eva. What brings you here I kinda have to go meet up with Noah." "Oh really can we join you guys?" Izzy asks which I didn't really know how to respond since this isn't my plans and I don't know how Noah wants to do it. "No it's not necessarily-." I immediately get cut off by Izzy "Oh thank you for inviting us! Come on now we can't leave Noah hanging now!" she says with a smile as Eva start pushing me towards the direction that I was supposed to go. Huh how did they know which way I was suppose to go? They probably overheard Noah telling me or something.

We started talking as we walked to the lake which also to happen be the place where me and Noah reunited back when the apocalypse started. "Sooo how long how you and Noah be together??~" Izzy asked I looked at her confuse a bit "Izzy you know how long we have been together for?" "I know I know just need a reminder!" I shrug it off still kinda confuse on why he's asking. "Well we have been together since we were 16 and now we're in our late twenties so probably around 12 years by now." She smiles and nods and whispers to Eva who smiles as well. What are they thinking? I try not to think about it, now we are halfway to the lake and Izzy and Eva kept talking about me and Noah relationship which is kinda weird.

We eventually made it to the lake and I saw Noah who turn and noticed me I smiled and so did he, I immediately ran to him and hugged him as he lifted me off the ground a little while hugging me before putting me down. We then gave each other a quick kiss "Hello Noah!" "Hello Cody." "Aww you two are so cute." I hear someone giggle I look around just noticing that there were a few other people. Bridgette, Geoff, Harold, leshawna, Trent, and of course Eva and Izzy. "Were they here the whole time?" I asked Noah as I looked at him he nods as he chuckles a bit. Everyone giggles and I get somewhat embarrassed but laugh along with them also kinda finding it funny.

Noah took me to this picnic around where all sorts of foods enough for everyone, but the sweets caught my attention. Noah noticed and took me over to the sweets and let me have it he announce that we can start eating. We all began eating and talking, we all reunited when the zombie apocalypse started to end we all had our stories but all of us definitely needed therapy by all we went through. We also lost a lot of our friends, which is sad.. we made graves for them last year. Apparently Geoff and Bridgette had a similar situation from me and Noah. Which is interesting in my opinion apparently Geoff was also like Noah who was a zombie but had control. I wonder how many other people were like Noah and Geoff.

After a bit Noah grabs my hand and takes me to the center and makes an announcement. "Attention everyone." Everyone immediately look back at us smiling and I also noticed that some of them took out their phones. "As we all know it's this handsome man's birthday." Noah started I smiled "Also as most you know we've been dating since high school. I'm very glad that I met him I honestly can't imagine my life without him." he looks over at me, I smile at his words. "Ever since I met him his made me the happiest person alive." He then turns fully at me then goes on one knee and pulls out a small black box. And opens it showing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Cody, you're the love of my life and I wish for us to grow old together. Go through life together, and stay by each other side. The moment that I laid my eyes on you I knew you were the one. So Cody, will you marry me?" Noah finished, I immediately run to him and hug him tightly. "Yes! yes I'll marry you!" I hear cheers from our friends. I pull back from the hug then me and Noah smiled at each other before we shared a kiss. I could hear the cheers getting louder. We pull back from our kiss and I tell Noah. "This is the best birthday ever, my fiancé." I am so happy I can call him my fiancé.

"I love you Noah."
"I love you too Cody."