Research

{It's again been a few weeks since Noah gained Heather trust}

Noah POV:
I've noticed that Cody been reading a lot more books. I say this because he was never the type to read books well he was more into graphic novels and comic books. While he was asleep I grab the few books he was reading the books talked about different plants or talked about artifacts in them. Why would he be interested in that? I showed Heather and she was confused too, I decided to ask Cody. "Cody?" "Hm?" "What are you reading?" "A book about plants" he answered "Why exactly? You always preferred graphic novels or comic books."

"Well.. uh I trying to do research.." that caught my attention "what for?" "Well.. I love having you back of course. But I've been researching for something that can cure you and make you human again and hey maybe we can save others too and become well known heroes!" He said with a grin I chuckle at his grin "Maybe, but I don't think it'll work, and I don't even think plants or artifacts can cure someone that's kinda dead. Since they're dead." He shrugs "You never know maybe there might be something that could be helpful!" he went back to his book I just decide to help him even if it's probably not even possible.

I noticed how he looked bored quite a lot while reading but in the same time he looked determined he did this for days trying to find something. I helped him even if I had a feeling we wouldn't find anything. While me and Heather were discussing about something important then Cody ran in with an excited look. Then handed me a book I looked down and noticed it was open at a page I looked up at him. "Read it! Read it! Read it!" He said with an excited smile, I began to read the page.

[Time skip to when he finished reading]

"Oh wow." I say a bit surprised by him actually finding something. The page was about a rare plant that is rumored to be able cure anything but it not sure since it's a very rare plant that not many of it have been found. But the few people who found it say it does actually work. The plant is called Jenaline. It's could found in caves, and on mountains, more towards the North. "Are you saying you want to try to find this plant?" I asked him, he immediately nodded I tell Heather about the idea and plant to see if she agree to come.

"Will it even work? I mean you're dead will it revive you or something?" I shrug to her question "but it'll be worth a shot won't it? What if it does work maybe we can even make a cure out of it!" "It may only cure Noah though, I mean have you seen the zombies? They're missing pieces of skin, rotting, missing body parts sometimes. Unless it somehow replaces them I don't think it'll cure anyone else." Heather tells Cody "Well I still get Noah so it's a win for me." he says happily. "I'll do it" I state we both look at Heather, Cody giving her his adorable puppy eyes. It doesn't look to really be affecting Heather but it's 2 vs 1 so she sighed then told us. "Fine let's get some backpacks ready with stuff like food and water and all that. We should leave start leaving in two days." Cody smile happily and that makes me smile. We all then went to pack up.

(Side note: Jenaline sounds a bit weird but I made it up for this fictional plant, well I don't think it exists.)

That's the plant btw just realized it's a flower but oh well

That's the plant btw just realized it's a flower but oh well. I made that drawing and I'm actually proud of it