Exploring

Heather's POV:
We wake up and there's like three zombies outside and we don't have many weapons we only have a bat and knife. We probably should've took that gun that one guy had but we didn't. Cody was still asleep so I got up and grabbed the bat to kill the zombies. After I was done I got blood all over me which was annoying but I got used to it, i also almost got bitten so I need to be more careful. I walked back in and explored our new place a bit more since me and Cody were in a rush to find a place and didn't bother to look around.

The building we pick had two floors so I guess that's good, but the stairs were very broken a bit difficult to get up. There was a lake near us and also the building was at this town which looks like there's a lot of other buildings at so we can explore those later. While I was exploring the building I notice trail of blood? That's not good is it? I followed it but lend to no where. I checked some of the room in the building and I found some batteries, a flashlight, a medkit, and some water bottles. Which is good because there some supplies, I'll probably check the over rooms later. I head down the broken stairs where Cody was at. When I made it down he was awake now.

"Hey Cody" He looked at me and wave he still looked tired "Hello heather.. where's the others?" I sigh "Remember they left us?" I reminded him "Oh yeah I forgot I guess.." he said awkwardly "Do you think they're okay?" he asked "Probably" I respond not really knowing myself. "The area pretty big we should probably explore a little" I suggest he nods and agree. We both got ready and grab a weapon and when to explore the town. We found a few zombies and we found some stuff too! We found another medkit, some food that looks eatable, water bottles, a pocket knife, and lighter. Which is a lot since we only search 3-4 buildings it was getting dark so we both agreed to go back.

Cody POV:
We headed back and since Heather told me about the two floors we got to pick our room. Like if we were moving into a new house which it kinda was that. After we both pick our rooms which were basically right next to each other we said good night to each other and headed to our rooms there was some beat up mattress but it'll work. After a bit I couldn't sleep so I decide to quietly grab a flashlight and bat and I left to the lake near by that Heather told me about. If she found out I left I probably would get into trouble.

I eventually reached the lake and stare at the water, reflecting on everything that happened. We found out Alejandro was bad, Sierra died, we left the old place, and Gwen and Harold left us. So much has happened in such little time. And still no sign of Noah.. I hope his still alive. I don't know what I would do if he was dead.. I don't even want to think about that, the thought of him dying makes me want to cry.

I sigh as I look at the lake once more as the moon shine down upon the lake making it glisten and glimmered. I finally turn to start walking back before I get in trouble by Heather for leaving, or by a zombie. I was about to start walking until I hear a rustling noise then it stops, I turn but see nothing. I get a bit nervous but I hear the rustling noise once again. I panic and immediately shine the flashlight where I heard the rustling noise.

My eyes widen at the sight. Is that..? No way that is..

"...Noah..?"