Shit happens

{It's been a week since they have been searching for the Jenaline plant.}
{Also side note this chapter will a little dark}

Heather's POV:
We've been searching for the plant for a week but to no avail! I know it's a rare plant for a reason but I wish it wasn't. Do you know how annoying it is for mosquitoes to bite you every like FIVE MINUTES? There's not much I could do about that though. I felt there started to be more zombies than usual, especially at night and these past three days. I guess people are dying more which is annoying because we sometimes can't sleep due to zombies storming our camp. This causes us to lose sleep and since we're already wasting energy on fighting off the zombies we would be tired and not really want to get up and find the plant.

We've tried to move to another areas all in while trying to get supplies and survive. But whenever we leave to another area it's like the damn zombies follow us! Since we still need supplies usually one or two of us go and find the closest building or town to search through. But we haven't gone out that often since it's been quite dangerous, because again of the zombies. There has been less zombies but there's still a lot.

I also noticed my hair growing out even though it's nice I would cut it off just in case. But I don't have anything to cut it with. I mean I have an axe but good chance I'll end up hurting myself. Me and Cody noticed that we were running out of supplies fast, we both agreed once the zombies die down I'll go get the supplies. We also while trying to find a mountain where the plant would be at we ended up hiking this pretty tall mountain it was a pain to get up. When we finally got up I think we were all sore.

We carefully explored so just in case not to fall. We didn't find anything after searching that whole day it was now sunset. We decided to climb down tomorrow.

{Time skip to the morning}

It's now morning we were still a bit sore but we slowly climbed down making it. It felt oddly empty we found no zombies whatsoever! And it stayed like that for the rest of the day, we usually run into 3-5 zombies so the fact it's so quiet it's unsettling. We eventually went to another place that was also near mountains we planned on climbing them tomorrow but we still needed to get supplies I ended up telling them I'll quickly go and try to get some supplies before it turned dark. I grabbed the Axe and left.

On retrospect this was a bad idea since we were quite far from any town and by then it would probably be dark. It took me a while until I reach a town. It was really eerie and unsettling. I've been to towns at night but this night felt extra eerie I just didn't feel safe. I eventually entered a building I began to search finding anything all I found is rotten or moldy food it honestly smelled disgusting. I noticed a shelf that had something.

{Hey this is the little dark part just a heads up👇}

I approached the shelf searching until I heard running towards me before I could turn to look I feel something tug my hair really harshly and aggressive that causes me to drop my axe that then lands on my leg causing a huge wound also hitting my bone. I screamed in agony as the pain got worse by the moment it doesn't help that the thing that pulled my hair was a zombie. I knew that I was fuck the moment I realized that the person was a zombie. I felt adrenaline spread throughout my body as I panicked. The zombie immediately started mauled me. I tired my best to not get bitten but it also costed me to get really badly injured.

And thanks to my quick movement the axe would shift and move making the pain worse. The zombie started to scratch at me the zombie managed to scratch me so hard it made a deep wound at my gut. It really hurt I actually started to cry and panic more. The zombie eventually bit me I screamed and managed to grab the axe in my leg and slash the zombie chopping off the hideous thing head off. After that the pain really got to me I started to cry in pain I also realized that I got bitten and that'll be a zombie later.

I didn't want to be a zombie! I tried to get up but immediately falling down I then scream in pain. I cover my gut wound with my arm but it kept bleeding. Blood got all over my arm and that's when it clicked, I'm gonna die no matter what I do don't I? I started hyperventilating panicking, I start to cry uncontrollably once I realize how bad my situation is. All the pain start to get worse as I continue to bleed out. "I don't want to be a stupid zombie" Eventually after crying for a while still in great pain I noticed a sharp broken glass. I slowly pick it up and sniff  "I know that plant not gonna work for me. And even then Noah is the only one we known to be able to have control of themselves. I know I'm dead no matter what." I take a deep breath, as I do I feel a sharp pain.

"I'm sorry Cody. But I know you have someone. This pain is unbearable."

No one POV:
Heather proceeds to take a deep breath and slits her throat and closes her eyes. Taking her last breaths and ends her pain.

{Hello Author here! I want feedback because when finishing this chapter something didn't feel right and I don't know what so please tell me something that don't make sense or something like that.
Author out bye bye}