Trust

{It's been a week since Cody and Noah reunited}

Heather POV:
I still don't understand how Cody is for calm around Noah.. He's a straight up zombie! How is he okay with it? I just don't understand he could easily just end us both! But yet I allow him to stay with us. I been observing Noah to make sure he doesn't backstab us but I think Cody and Noah noticed since Cody confronted me. "Heather, me and Noah noticed how you keep side eyeing and mumbling underneath your breath. What is this about? Is this about the fact his a zombie?"

"What, No." He looked like he did not believe me at all so I sighed and decided to tell him what I actually felt. "Ugh fine it is. Just how are you so calm with him being around? He's a LITERAL ZOMBIE! He could easily infect one of us! Aka backstab us! I don't trust him. Plus he smells like a rotten egg." He sighs "I get it could be weird since his a zombie but I can promise you he'll never backstab or betray us. You just got to have to trust me in that. Please?" he begged me "I'll try but no promises." "Thank you.." he then when back to Noah. I will never understand him.

The next few days Cody tried to get me and Noah to get along but I guess I kinda ruin it by still not trusting him. I could tell Cody trying hard but I just simply don't trust him I just don't want us to get hurt again like Alejandro hurt us..

Cody's POV:
Heather still hasn't gotten used to Noah if anything I think it's gotten worst and it kinda sucks. But I understand why she doesn't trust him but I wish she could trust him. We all went to the town to see if we get food and batteries. Since we need those the most, the only weapon we had was an axe that we found a few days ago. But while we were out Heather kept side eyeing Noah which he noticed and look slightly uncomfortable. I grab his hand to hopefully put him at ease. Which it did thankfully work. We eventually entered a building that had three floors and started to explore trying to find anything that could be useful.

We found some canned food and a dead squirrel, it was gross. But besides that we didn't find anything else but we still needed to find batteries. So me and Heather and Noah agreed we'll go into one more building before sunset. We found another building and entered it, there was only one floor but it was a big building so many rooms. We explored room after room so far only finding broken glass bottles and trash. Heather left me and Noah because she wanted to explore the other half of the building. Before she left she gave me the axe that we brought for protection.

After exploring a bit more we found a metal bat! Something that's finally useful! It could be used as a weapon I handed it to Noah. Heather joined us finding the batteries but we're not sure if they're used or not so we'll have to figure that out later. I handed the Axe back to Heather we started to head back to our hide out but stupid decision I made. I decided to run ahead without a weapon.. Because of that I stumbled upon a zombie and it noticed me and starting running at me. I scream, panicking I run away but I run into a dead end.

Heather's POV:
Me and Noah heard Cody scream which made us panic and we started to run towards Cody and Noah surprisingly ran way faster than me it was like he just suddenly gained powers! Before I knew it he was out of sight! I eventually made it to them and Cody was hugging Noah tight while Noah was comforting Cody the zombie looked very beaten, the bat that Cody gave Noah was literally covered in blood, COVERED. The zombie straight up looked like she didn't stand a chance. She looked gross.

I walked up to them and also help Cody calm down after that we head to our hide out and Cody didn't run off this time. This made me think, maybe Noah won't hurt us. Once we made it back Cody fell asleep fairly quick. I decided to talk to Noah. "So Noah" I started he looked at me calmly "What you did back there was impressive you were able to save Cody and the zombie that you killed looked like she didn't stand a chance." he looked a bit surprised "Just know you gained my trust, you were able to protect Cody even if we were pretty far from him, but just know if you do anything to me or Cody I won't hesitate to chop off your head."

He nodded I left him and Cody heading to my room. Once I make it to my room I start thinking about what happened and I have the feeling I made the right decision..

(This is the longest chapter I made and I feel proud of myself)