First day of the apocalypse

The apocalypse was something that was very thought of but many people never thought it would actually happen.. it happened so fast.. it spread like wildfire. But let's talk about what happened on the day it all started.

Cody's POV:
It was a fairly normal day me and Noah planned a hang out at the mall with some friends. Me and Noah walk together to the mall talking. Once we made it I texted the group chat.
                                  you
                               ( Meet at the food court)>

I put my phone away and me and Noah headed to the food court we eventually make it there and we're first so we sit down and we began to talk "Noah would you love me if I was a zombie?" I asked as a joke he looked at me and told me "As long you don't eat me" which made me giggle after a bit Owen and Heather came in and they sat down with us. A little bit later we heard screaming which scared me and the others looked worried. We decided to leave and got up to leave but then more screaming came and then a huge crowd formed also trying to leave in a rush.

Me, Heather, Owen, and Noah were being shoved and pushed around me and Noah held hands to stay together but we lost gripped and the crowd started to separate us. "NOAH!" I yelled out in the crowd of screams eventually me and Heather was able to get out of the mall but Noah and Owen were still missing. "Heather! Noah is missing!" I said very panicked of the whole situation. She looked at me and started to comfort me which barely helped but it's the thought that counts. "It's okay, Noah and Owen are most likely fine. They're probably still stuck in the crowd but they're probably get out sooner or later." She reassured me I smile a little bit

"Yeah I hope you're right, I wonder what the screaming was about, same thing with the big crowd running out in a rush." I say curiously and a bit worried that it could be something bad. "Yeah, but it's probably bad.." She says a bit worried then we hear a rustling and groaning sound come from behind us we both immediately notice it and turn to the noise then a rotten looking person starts to run at me! We both panic and I freeze up then Heather thankfully grabs broken glass off the floor and stabs the rotten person with the broken glass bottle and that knocks down the rotten person and I finally unfreeze.

Heather looks and me "Cody come on! We have to go!" she grabs my arm and we start to run away from the area. We notice a lot of rotten people and eventually we find a hiding spot "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" I get really scared Heather who also looked very stressed "Their like actual zombies.!" she sighs to calm herself down. "How about Noah! We need to find him!" I try to run off but Heather grabbed the back of my shirt "Don't be stupid!" she sighs then look at me again "We can find him later! Good chance he'll be fine you know him" she reassured me "You're right.."

"Cmon we should go get some of our stuff from our home then we should discuss our next move." I nod agreeing with her and we started to walk.

"I'll find you Noah."