Chapter 45: Real Faces

Don't forget to Vote and Comment 🌷

Author's Pov

Aary's Penthouse, Delhi

Aary sat on the ground near the Sofa of his penthouse, looking at his mobile that was kept on the teapoy with nothing but hope.

He thought that the letter would work. At least he'd be able to see her once again, or even hear her voice if she called, but it didn't. It'd been almost 18 hours since he left the letter in her room and watched her.

Last night, he went to her room like he always does, through the gallery to keep the letter and rose. She was already fast asleep. He wished to see her just once, but her face was turned to the other side with her blanket covering her off completely.

So, he just came back with a heavy heart and small hope that after reading the letter he wrote, she'd talk to him once. Even talking on the phone was enough for him to make her listen to what he feels. To apologise to her once. Not seeing her was already killing him.

It had been more than 3 days since he last saw her. Each moment passed was like a torment for him. He realised how right he was. He always knew it would be hell of a suffering if she ever left him. These days proved to be the worst days of his life.

He realised how much his Precious meant to him. How, without her, his life would crumble and leave him with nothing but insufferable pain. The ache in his heart kept intensifying, making him want to rip his heart out of his chest. Each moment was of agony for him.

His every thought was consumed by image, her laughter echoing in the empty corridors of his mind. He knew that he had hurt her, that his actions had driven a wedge between them, but he refused to give up on their love, clinging to the belief that time would heal their wounds, she will forgive him and bring them back together once more.

His phone's screen brightened with a notification. He quickly took the mobile in hand expecting it from his Precious. But it was a text message from Ray, the bodyguard he had hired for Roop's safety.

He had hired him when his marriage with Roop fixed. He wanted her to be safe when he wouldn't be there for her. He didn't want to take even a small chance at her safety. So, he appointed Smith Ray, his bodyguard since he was 16. Ray had worked for Aary for more than 10 years.

But he made him work without letting her know. So that his Precious won't overthink the whole situation and be tensed for no reason.

He quickly clicked on the message.

Emergency.

As soon as Aary saw it, he stood up with a jerk, dialing Ray's number. But it was out of coverage. Aary cursed, dialing again, murmering under his breath, "Pick up the fucking call, Ray."
But it didn't work. There was no time to dwell on it.