Chapter 20: Party?

Roop's Pov

Roop's Pov

I reached my office in half an hour. As I reached my table, I remembered how just a few weeks ago, Aary was whirling around me with my phone while I worked, and a wide smile spread on my lips followed with a sad frown. God, I miss him already.

Just thinking that he won't be here for a week and I won't see him till then is making me restless. Is this what first love like??

A sudden ring of my phone got me out of my thoughts. It was Kaya Maa, I quickly answered the call, "Hello Kaya Maa."

Her cheerful voice came from the other side of the call, "Hello, meri bacchi, kya kar rhi ho?"
(What are you doing?)

I chuckled, "Just entered the office."

"Acha, sorry aise kaam ke time me call Kiya beta-"
(Sorry to call you in working time beta-)

"Maa, Aisa mat boliye. You can call me whenever you want. Kahiye, kya keh rhi thi?"
(Maa, don't say it. Say, what were you saying?)

"Kuch nhi, can you come home so we could choose jewellery for the engagement and event? Whenever you have time."

"Of course, Maa. I have meeting in the afternoon, later on I'm free."

"Ok bachha, fir ghar aa jana. I have asked Minu and Krishika to come too. And bring Vedu with you, would you? Should I send car to pick you up?"

I chuckled at the way she called Maa 'Minu', "No, Maa, I'll come. And I'll bring Vedu too."

"Acha thik hai. I'll be waiting. Don't stress out by work and eat on time. And what about your lunch?"

"I was going to have after meeting."

"Okay then, we'll have lunch first and then jewellery selection."

I chuckled, "Okay Maa, see you."

"Hanji beta."

I cut the call and smiled. She is so cute and loving. Whenever I talk to her, it feels like I'm talking to Maa. All the time I spent with her, she treats me like her own child. Asks me how was day, always tell me not to work too much and stress out, literally threatened me to always eat on time. I'm really so lucky. And this all luck is brought by Aary. My love.

I was grinning like an idiot just thinking about him and, "Oyy, kya hua?", the sudden voice of none other than my dumb friend scared the hell out of me.
(Oyy, what happened?)

I quickly turned around and shook my head taking a seat in my chair, "Kuch nhi."
(Nothing.)

She set her hands on the table and gave me a sheepish smile, "You sure? Ya fir jiju ko yaad kr rhi ho?? Don't worry, he'll be here even before lunch break like everyday."
(Or are you missing my brother-in-law?)