Chapter 31: The Event

Roop's Pov

Roop's Pov

I did a quick look at my dress and turned around from the mirror, to find Kaya Maa looking at me from the door. She came forward, touched my cheek, "Perfect."

I gave her a beaming smile, even though I was slightly nervous about my appearance in front of so many people as Malhotra's Daughter in law and Aary's fiancee today.

I've never been this nervous for a public appearance. I was the daughter of Anand Agnihotri, and was quite used to meeting a lot of new people, being a perfect daughter of a perfect man at his parties and events. But this was even bigger.

This was 100th year anniversary of the Malhotra Group of Industries. It was going to be an event in front of all the company members, workers, allies and partners. Also, it was going to be telecasted on business channels. And today, Shree Kaka was going to officially introduce me to everyone. He considered his all the people from the company as his own family, and he wanted them to accept me wholeheartedly just as he did.

Kaya Maa squeezed my shoulder gently, and with a reassuring smile, she said, "Don't worry. I've been there. It feels awkward first, then you get used to it. Besides everyone is dying to meet the girl who tamed Aary's heart."

I took a long breath and nodded with a smile. I got this. This was just another event. And I've handled so many events for years. I can do this just fine. Besides, Aary is going to be with me. That helped me calm down quickly.

She tilted her head a bit, "Chalein." I nodded with a genuinely confident smile this time.
(Shall we go?)
.
.
.
After half an hour we were in the grand ballroom where the event was going to take place. It was beautifully bathed in the soft glow of golden chandeliers that casted shimmering reflections across the room. Crystal-clear, floor-to-ceiling windows offering the panoramic views of the city skyline, illuminated by the twinkling lights of towering skyscrapers of the city.

The atmosphere was of refined elegance. With velvet draperies cascading from high ceilings, framing the sophisticated, intricately carved marble columns of the hall. Luxurious seating arrangements, adorned with golden touches and fabrics. Round tables adorned with fresh blooms-orchids, roses, and lilies, filling the air with their delicate fragrance. Hmm, smells so good.

In the front, where all tables were facing, the stage bathed in soft, ethereal light, beckoning attention as the platform for the evening.

The guests mingled and conversed in hushed tones, the melodies of live music floating through the air. Me, Kaya Maa, Srishti, Maa, Papa, Bhai, Bhabhi, and our whole family, we were all seated on the right side of the stage.

All the media and reporters were on the left side of the stage with their huge cameras and lights. And all the workers, members, allies, partners and friends of the company were seated on the tables in the front.

At the other end of the hall and to the sides, were the slides that showcased a visual timeline of the company's journey throughout the century. Guests walked through the slides, taking in the history of the organisation. It all felt so huge.