Chapter 23: The Photo

Author's Pov

Author's Pov

New York
Devin Group of Industries

A car stopped in front of a magnificent skyscraper

A car stopped in front of a magnificent skyscraper. A group of men dressed in all black suits surrounded it in a second as one of them opened the door. Aary stepped out of the Range Rover, his bright skin glowing in sun, his sunglasses reflected with sunlight. He looked forward to find Nikolai Devin stood at the entrance with a wide smile spread on his lips. Aary chuckled and removed his sunglasses as Nikolai approached him and engulfed him in a bro-hug. Rahul came out from car and Nikolai's smile only widened as he engulfed him in a hug too.

Nikolai Devin, a towering figure in business world. He meets the match of Aary with his strategic prowess and groundbreaking ventures. However, beneath the glitzy facade lies a shadowy underworld connection. New York businessmen and their little connection with Mafia is undeniable afterall, right? There's always a dot that connects them to the dark world. Just like one that connects Aary to the same world through Nikolai.

Nikolai patted Aary's shoulder, "You have no fucking idea how much we missed you, AV. You went back to your country and forget us?"

Aary returned the gesture, "If that had happened, I wouldn't be here Niko."

Nikolai barked out a laugh, "Huh, of course you'd say that now!!"

Rahul chuckled while Aary just smirked. Nikolai continued, gesturing towards the building, "C'mon let's continue this in the office."

They proceeded their business talks in his office afterwards. Nikolai and Aary met years ago in Paris while he was studying there. With studying, Aary continued working for his business side by side. Gaining knowledge about each of their clients, knowing their assets and liabilities, making strategies for adding more clients to the company. He started working for their company, even before he had it in his hands. That's when he met Nikolai and they became business partners first and friends later. Nikolai introduced Aary to the underworld. Aary took over as CEO of Malhotra Industries and nobody has ever crossed their path or even thought about it ever since.

After his small meeting with Nikolai, Aary preceded towards meeting other clients the whole day. They decided to meet in the evening, one of their rituals, in a club. The whole time, Aary kept looking over his phone for any message or call from his Precious, knowing that she was busy with jewellery selection. While Rahul had already switched his phone off, not to give the anonymous person who was calling him nonstop in the morning,-we might know who it is- the satisfaction of cursing him to death as soon as he picks up the call.