Chapter 19: Twinkle

Author's Pov

Author's Pov

Malhotra Mansion

The whole family was seated on the dining table for breakfast. It was a regular morning but with a pinch of dramatic tension in the air. Kaya turned around the dining table to serve the breakfast to Rahul and Aary. While both of them sat there, hanging their heads low.

Kaya was fuming because of their sudden business trip to New York. She always hated their sudden trips. But what made her fuming in anger this time was, that Aary leaving to a business trip when his engagement is in 10 days. She kept giving both of them cold shoulder and glares throughout the whole morning.

Whereas Shree and Srishti stayed silent, steering clear from Kaya's wrath. They all knew she can be Maa Kali when in anger.

Finally Kaya took place in a chair, gave them a look before saying, "Sari packing ho gyi? You haven't forgotten anything, right?"
(Have you packed everything?)

Everyone started to munch on the Parathas as Aary answered, "We have a penthouse there, Maa. We don't need-" He stopped when he looked at Kaya glaring at him, and quickly nodded, "Ha hogyi."
(Yes, done.)

Kaya shook her head and asked again, "Kitne din lagege wapas aane ko?"
(When will you both come back?)

This time, Rahul proceeded to answer, "One week-" Again finding her glaring, he quickly corrected himself, and said, "Aise kaam krke, aise wapas aa jayenge." Snapping his fingers at the end.
(We'll go and come back this fast!)

Kaya also snapped her fingers at both of them, giving an ultimatum, "Agar paanch din me nhi aye na to-"
(And if you two don't come back in five days, I'll -)

Before she could complete, Aary quickly brought his hand upward to gently pinch his throat, "Kasam se aa jayenge, Maa."
(I swear, we'll be back.)

His eyes stayed locked to still glaring Kaya and he hit Rahul's arm with his elbow, and nodded to do the same. Rahul quickly mimicked his actions, "Ha, Kasam se."
(Yes, we swear.)

Kaya shook her head again. This was their all time favourite way to convince her. And she already knew their following strategies. Shree and Srishti knew that too, excited as hell to see them trying. It was always fun to watch them trying to convince Maa with cute faces.

Rahul ate his first bite with a loud moan and looked at Kaya with a wide smile, "Paranthe ekdum sahi Bane hai, Maa. Lajawab!" And said, blowing a kiss at her.
(Maa, Parathas are so delicious.)
"Kaash aaise Parathe main bana pata!!!"
(I wish I could cook such Parathas too)

This time Kaya smiled, and shook her head slightly as she remembered, "Tu wahan pr phirse kuch banane ka try mat krna ha."
(You don't try to cook something there again.)

Everyone chuckled as they remembered that incident.

Rahul's face fell as he remembered that too and he shook his head, "Ohh, no. Never again."