Chapter 5: Official First Meet

Author's Pov

Author's Pov

Next day
Agnihotri Villa
9.00am

Anand woke up late. He couldn't sleep last night, thinking about the company, the deal and the talk he had with Roop. He was proud of his daughter, for the way she didn't even ask any questions and said Yes to the marriage without a second thought just because Anand asked. But what he did, made him angry. He could never forgive himself for that, but it was the only option he had to keep his princess happy.

After freshing up, he came downstairs. Minal and Krishika were preparing breakfast and Rishi was reading newspaper.

Anand came and took a seat on the dining table. Minal looked at him, "Uth gaye aap? Good morning."
(You woke up?)

Anand smiled at her and took another newspaper, "Good morning, meri jaan."

Krishika and Minal chuckled in the kitchen after listening to him in a good mood. After all, he seemed much happier than he did in the past few weeks.

Rishi nodded at Anand, "Good morning, Papa. Aaj itna late?"
(You woke up late today?)

Anand said still looking at the newspaper, "Socha tere jaise late hoke dekh lu ek baar."
(I thought why not wake up late like you one day.)

Rishi scoffed, "Are nhi, wo apki beti hai. Wo late uthti hai."
(Oh no Papa. Thats your daughter. She wakes up late.)

Anand lifted his eyebrows at him and asked Minal in a loud voice, "Acha? Meri jaan, where is our princess?"

Minal answered in the same voice, "She left early. She had a meeting."

Anand looked at Rishi with pride,"That's my princess."

Rishi just rolled his eyes and kept reading the newspaper.
Anand asked again, "Acha. Did she bring tiffin with her?"
While Rishi replied in an irritating tone, "Haan."
Anand chuckled and continued reading.

Minal came to the dining table and started serving Pohe to Rishi, Krishika and Anand. Before Krishika could take a seat, doorbell rang. Krishika told Minal that she'll answer it and went to open the door.

As she opened the door, Kishor came in view. Krishika welcomed him, "Are Kishor kaka. Aayiye n. Kaise ho aap?"
(Please come in. How are you?)

Kishor Mathur was the college friend of Anand Agnihotri. He had helped Anand in various deals with other companies as a business coordinator too. Both of their families knew each other and were close too.

Kishor smiled at Krishika and gave her blessings as she bent down to take his blessings, "Main badhiya hoon beta. Khush raho."
(I am great.)

Kishor came forward in the hall and called for Anand, "Anand bhai? Ho kya gharpe?"
(Anand? Are you at home?)