Chapter 12: Family Dinner

Sunday7

Sunday
7.30pm

Malhotra Mansion

Roop's Pov

I got ready in my favourite suit for today's family dinner with Malhotra's. It was my first time seeing their home. So I wanted to wear something traditional. Not that much traditional tho. So I chose this.

I was eager to meet Kaya kaki and Srishti again

I was eager to meet Kaya kaki and Srishti again. Shristi is so much fun to be with, just like her handsome brother.

I can't seem to stop thinking about him. My heart still feels warm when I remember him saying that he wanted to learn sign language just so he could meet the children from NGO with me. Papa was right. He is indeed perfect for me.

We arrived at the Malhotra Mansion. Shree kaka, kaki, Srishti and Rahul all came outside to welcome us with a wide smile.

Shree kaka hugged baba and nodded at Maa,"Welcome, Anand bhai and Minal bhabhi."

Rahul went straight to my brother, giving him a bro hug. They had become very good friends already.

Kaki also approached Maa and hugged her and then me and bhabhi, welcoming us warmly.

She palmed my cheek with adoration in her eyes, "Beautiful like always."

I just smiled at her as Srishti quickly approached me and bhabhi and hugged me too, "Welcome home, bhabhi."
We all chuckled at her and entered the house.

Everyone took a seat on the sofa, talking about something. Maa and Kaki chuckling at their inside jokes. Bhai and Rahul were having a conversation like Papa and Kaka. Whereas I was looking around, finding my future husband. Where is he???

Srishti suddenly sat beside me. I quickly sat straight and plastered an innocent smile on my face. But she had caught me already, "Don't worry bhabhi. Bhai abhi aaye hai Ghar. Fresh ho rhe hai."
(Bhai just came home. Freshing up.)

I tried to make an excuse, "Arey nhi-"

But she beat me up to it too, "Pata hai mujhe bhabhi, don't worry."
( I know everything bhabhi.)