Chapter 3: Rishta??

Roop's Pov

Roop's Pov

I reached my office in half an hour after leaving Papa's office. Then I remembered that embarrassing moment I've been recalling my whole ride up to my office. Papa called that man 'sir', while I told him to fucking apologise. I really need to do something about my talking without thinking before. I face palmed myself as I took a seat on my chair. Then I thought, leave it, it's not like i am going to see him again, right?

I wanted to see him again tho. Only to take a close look at him. What? He looked handsome. *Shrugs*

Vedu's voice got me back to reality, "Hello madam. Kaha khoyi ho?"
(Where are you lost?)

I shook my head quickly and stood up, "Kahi nahi. Tu yaha kya kr rhi hai? Kaam nhi tuze?"
(Nowhere. What are you doing here? Don't you have work?)

I started to arrange my table, something I do everyday, while she said, "Ek to tumse time nikal ke Milne aao, aur tu mujhe ye attitude de rhi hai?"
(First, i made time to come and meet you, and you are showing me this attitude?)

She folded her arms over her chest and sat on the chair in front of my table.
I had a small table and office, being a Junior wedding planner. But it was cute and minimal. I had some photos of my family on the desk, a small idol of Shivji and other small useful things like penholder, files and all. It was quite scattered due to yesterday's meeting and working.

I held her gaze, "I am not giving you any attitude."

She raised her eyebrows at me, "Acha aaj itna late kaise aayi tu?"
(Okay, why are you late today?)

"Papa ke office gayi thi. So thoda late ho gya."
( I had to go to Papa's office. So, I got a little late.)

She hummed in response and pulled me aside from my desk,"I'll rearrange this, you go. You have a meeting to attend. Client is already here."

I am never late for any meeting. But today was an exception. Meeting papa was more important. I took my laptop and kissed her cheek while rushing to the meeting room,"Ohh, is he? Thank you. Love you."
Vedu laughed while I rushed as fast as I could.

Vedu, that is Vedika Thakur, had been my best friend since childhood. She was just like me. She loved to plan and organise things too. So we were on the same course after school too. After completing the course, she chose event management as a career, while I chose the wedding planner.

I let her rearrange my desk, as only she knows how to do it to my liking and reached meeting room to meet the client. He was already there but my senior hadn't arrived yet. After 2 minutes of reaching, my senior reached there too. Thank god! She didn't see me coming late.

After completing the meeting, we came outside. The client was pleased by my designs for a simple, minimal wedding like he wanted. That made me happy too. I didn't work for that project all night for nothing after all. The client thanked us, shook his hand with both of us and left.