Chapter 39: The First Ritual

Aary's Pov

Aary's Pov

I tried to fold the sleeves of the Light Pink kurta I wore, chosen by my Precious, only to have my hand slapped away by none other than my spirited little sister, "Let me do it

I tried to fold the sleeves of the Light Pink kurta I wore, chosen by my Precious, only to have my hand slapped away by none other than my spirited little sister, "Let me do it."

I whined with a dramatic 'ouch', though it didn't even hurt a bit. But she smiled proudly, which made it worth it. I gave her a look, and teased, raising an eyebrow in mock, "Such a nice way to help your big brother."
She was ready in a blue lehenga. Looking like a doll.

She tossed her hair back with a mischievous smirk, "I can do it much better than you."
And I shook my head at her, rolling my eyes.

Maa came downstairs with a radiant smile playing on her lips, finding Srishti folding my sleeves carefully. She was clad in an elegant navy blue silk saree, looking as beautiful as always. As soon as she saw me, a wide smile grazed on her lips, "Hayy, it looks perfect on you."

I smiled at her. Behind me, Rahul was talking to someone on the call. He was wearing a blue Kurta. Maa came in front of him and gestured him that he was looking handsome, so as to not disturb his call.

He gave her a cute smile and we turned back as we heard Papa's voice as he came downstairs with a charming smile, looking at Maa, "What about me?"

I rolled my eyes while Maa went to him as if he was pulling her through an invisible magnet, "Aap to hamesha hi handsome dikhte ho."
(You always look handsome.)

He was ready in a Navy Blue Kurta just like Rahul. Maa softly moved her fingers over the collar of his Kurti and he side-hugged her, placing a kiss on the side of her forehead, "Aur tum hamesha beautiful."
(And you always look beautiful.)

Me and Munchkin sighed loudly, and Papa gave us a 'so done with you two' look, "Jalo mat tum dono."
(Don't get jealous, you two.)

And we all chuckled. Munchkin folded my sleeves perfectly and I looked at Maa, letting her give me the last approval. She nodded at me with a smile and I was content that I looked handsome as always. It's like a two step verification. First step is Munchkin and next one is Maa. Last time I did this, she said it's going to be only one step verification in just a few days. Right, because then I'll have my wife verify my look.