Chapter 21: Promotion

Author's Pov

Author's Pov

Roop asked, "Party?"

Jyoti chuckled and nodded before handing her a tablet, "Yes, your designs got selected. Promotion incoming!!!"

Roop gasped, "Really?"

Roop eagerly grabbed the sleek tablet, her heart pounding with excitement, the official 'Royal Events' webpage was already opened and under the title, 'Designs of The Year', 8 out of 10 of the designs from DOTY were by Roop. Both Roop and Vedika looked at them and exclaimed together, "Oh my god."

Vedika took the tablet from Roop while Jyoti hugged Roop, "Congratulations, Roop!! You're a freaking gem for us."

Roop giggled, "Thank you ma'am!"

They broke the hug at the ring of a call, Jyoti took the phone out of her pocket and excused herself, "I gotta take this. Don't forget about the party."

Roop chuckled and nodded, "Yeah."

As she turned back to Vedika, Vedika quickly engulfed her in a tight hug, "Congratulations babyyyyy!!"

Both giggled and looked at each of as Vedika said, "Yeh Hui n meri bestie Vali baat!!"
(That's like my bestie!)

With that, other colleagues came to congratulate her too. She has been brilliant at her work from the starting, so they already had seen this one coming. Most of her colleagues were of her age, some were a little older. Together, they decided to go to the club on the upcoming Sunday to celebrate her promotion.

Vedu has been bugging her for a month for a club night. Both were used to having a club night once in a month or in two months. To dance without a care in the world and enjoy weekends. Vedu was always the one who'd drink, Roop never tried one. It was more like, Roop didn't drink so she could take care of Vedu. After some more talks and giggles, Vedika also headed off to her work.

When Roop was finally alone, she quickly picked up her phone and called 'Mr. Malhotra' with a wide grin on her face. She was more than eagar to tell everything to her future husband. She wished he was actually in front of her while telling this to him.

Aary and Rahul were sitting, facing each other in their private jet. Rahul was going through a magazine as Aary was busy looking through the files with so much concentration, already thinking about how to make this trip as short as possible.

But as soon and Aary's mobile rang and he saw the name 'Precious', he didn't take more than one ring to answer the call, "Hello, Precious."

Roop's smile only widened and she couldn't control from directly hitting the main point, "Hi, guess what?"

Aary smirked, "You're missing me."
Just two words and Rahul's eyes snapped at Aary through magazine in his hands.

Well, that was a truth. She wished he was right there with her, so she could hug him and tell him everything. With a pout, she nodded, "Yes, but it's something else."