Chapter 41: The Suffering

Aary's Pov

Aary's Pov

She left me.

My Precious left me.

While I was left on my knees, amidst the wreckage of our shattered love.

The thought that I had dreaded to never happen, happened.
The nightmare I had hoped would never materialize, had become the reality.

One fucking mistake, and I lost everything.

But how was I supposed to call it a mistake when it was the same thing that brought me closer to her??

My heart ached, remembering the hurt in her eyes and voice. It killed me to see her watching me with her pretty eyes filled with nothing but hate and hurt. It killed me to be the reason behind her hurt. Reason of her tears. In her eyes, I saw the reflection of my own mistake, the echoes of her love tarnished by the shadows of doubt and regret.

I thought that one sign and she'd be all mine. I had everything planned. Once I'll have her legally, I knew it wouldn't be hard to own to heart. I knew I'll make her all mine once she signed the papers. Once she was mine legally, I'd make her completely mine in every-fucking-aspect. Be it her heart, body, soul, everything.

And this was the result.

I was left with nothing but emptiness.

Once, in my life, I was comfortable with this feeling. I was never used to speaking much. I tend to be silent. But I was happy to be empty from inside. I knew I never had feelings like love as they show in movies and books, and I was okay with that.

Even after watching the love between Maa and Papa, I knew I would never be able to be this devoted to someone. I'd never be this whipped for someone. I'll never find someone to be this Precious to me. I never thought that someone would be my everything. I thought that I'll never fall in love.

Until her.

She changed everything.

Before her, love felt like a shallow feeling. I always thought obsession was the driving force of love. And all my life, I thrived in control. It was the only thing that kept me sane. And obsession is driven by primal need to possess and control what you like. Which made me believe in obsession rather than Love.

And when I saw her, I knew I had to possess her. While also understanding that I was fucked up. I knew that with her, all the morals and walls I'd build around myself about obsession over love would crack and fall one by one. I knew it somewhere, that she'll crawl underneath my skin and turn my whole world upside down. That she'll be flowing in my fucking veins. That she'll be that much important for me to crumble my every-fucking-belief.

And yet, I let her be that Precious to me. One look and I made her my world, my everything. The most Precious person in my life. Because she was the only person that dared to fear me to crumble my own beliefs. That was the same reason, why I was ready to give her my whole life, I was ready to be at her feet, I was ready to give her my everything, from the moment her eyes fell on me.