Chapter 34

You and Sif worked on getting your friendship back to how it was before you had left and before Thor told you about Frigga. You had missed Sif immensely. Nat and Pepper were your friends but Sif was like a sister.

"Sif," you told her one morning as you took a seat at the table opposite her. "I have some news...

Telling her about the pregnancy had been hard but the squeal of happiness she made as she threw her arms around you made you feel ok about the news. Soon everyone knew, the only thing that was never mentioned was what Loki had told them about what you had both worked out.

Loki still hated his brother and only tolerated his presence when he had to. At least he had relented a bit and allowed the children to be around him.

Their first meeting since Thor and Sif were back went...ok...

You had collected the children from school and gone straight to the common area so they could hang out with Nat and Steve like they used to before things went south. They didn't remember him much to Thor's disappointment but all four made the effort in getting to know one another again. Loki and Áedán turned up a bit later that afternoon once done with some paperwork for Fury. Áedán took one look at Thor and shot him a dagger filled glare.

"Áedán, what have I done wrong?" Thor walked over and asked him privately.

"Why didn't you say anything? You could have stopped Odin from exiling us here and yet you kept your mouth shut!"

"We were all in shock-" Thor tried to explain.

"-I don't want to hear your excuses!" Áedán snapped out before storming off.

The children were told about the trip to Asgard and that came with its own set of questions, of why and when. Loki explained why they were going and who they would see there and what was expected of them. The younger three could not believe that the stories their father told them of the place were actually real and they would get to see it.

"Do you think we are doing the right thing by going?" you asked Loki one night as you sat at the table slowly sipping a tea that he was adamant would help your sickness.

"It's a bit late now darling, we've already sent word that we will be attending and told the kids; do you want to disappoint them?"

"What will they even wear?" you thought out loud, at this point your anxiety was trying to find any excuse to pull out. "Áedán never attended any of the Balls when I was there so there is nothing in his cupboard to give to Bjorn or Ry and Astrid definitely has nothing to wear."

"I know what you are trying to do." Loki gave you a look from where he was sitting opposite drinking his own tea. "Thor has already sent word that you will need something, as for the children I have already sorted that." Loki waved a hand and their formal wear appeared laid out on the couch.

Frowning, you got up and went over to look with Loki following behind. Áedán's was the only outfit with armour similar to Loki's but in a silver rather than gold, and a green under tunic that was so dark it was almost black; the younger two boys had embroidery instead on their tunics and Astrid's dress...

"Lo, this is too much."

"No they are not," he said with a smile rubbing your shoulders. "You have just forgotten what Asgard is like. Three princes and a princess," he gestured at the clothes, "I expect nothing less for my children." You looked back towards him with teary eyes at hearing his words. "Now my love, come finish your tea and get some rest before those hormones of yours make you cry again." Loki lightly teased, you could only give a chuckle in response, frightened that if you did speak you would cry.