Chapter 4

It grew late as you walked along the streets, Rían had woken at some point during your walk and looked around him in wide eyed wonder.

"We're on Midgard Ry, is that exciting? This is mummy's home."

This was in fact very much not your home even if you had somehow been sent back to your universe, however a one year old would not understand that, not even not even your son. You had a strange thought, was there another you here? And what would be the outcome if you did meet? You'd read enough books to know that would probably be a bad thing and you prayed you would never accidentally run into them.

"Mama," Rían responded and moved to get out of the wrap.

"Not yet baby, it's not safe to play here. Let's go find somewhere we can."

Managing to make your way to Central Park without getting lost you got Rían out and let him run around on the grass, pointing out the different animals to him that you saw around you. He was excited to see the dogs that some people were walking as he had not seen one before. You were thankful to Pepper for providing you both with some clothing so you blended in.

Thinking that you should probably head back before nightfall you put Rían on your back and tying the wrap back on, moving to retrace your steps before stopping and realising you had not really paid any attention to your surroundings as you walked out the door, looking up you couldn't see the tower past the buildings that rose above you. Sighing you started walking in a direction hoping you weren't lost.

- - - -

Tony paced in front of Steve. "What do you mean she's not back yet?"

"Her and the kid walked out this afternoon, and no one has seen her since."

"We can't have lost her already." Tony stopped his pacing to look at Steve. "Did she say where they were going?"

"No." Steve shook his head.

"He's going to kill us if we lose her." Tony ran a hand over his face in frustration.

- - - -

Pepper found Tony pacing the living area in the penthouse trying to work out what to do if you were lost. Loki was going to kill him, then raze New York, then kill him again. He really didn't want to tell the god what had transpired.

"Honey, do I ask what's wrong?" Pepper asked as she made her way over to him.

"Pep, how is he married?!" Tony said, coming to a halt in front of her.

"Are you seriously even asking that? Like Thor he is royalty. It could be an arranged marriage for all we know or maybe he could have actually fallen in love." Tony grimaced at her words. "Don't get all funny because you can't see him as someone who has a heart."

"He basically flattened New York!"

"And Thor told you he was punished for doing so and his wife still stood by him even after that event."

"How though?"

"We don't know so there is no point speculating. Either way she loves him enough to have a family with him.

Tony scoffed. "It's Loki. He probably forced those children on her."

"Be careful what you say," Pepper admonished him, "I've talked to her and Loki doesn't seem like the type of guy to do that."

"Because he's a god?!"

"Because he cares."

- - - -

Finally finding your way back once it had grown quite dark, you headed in. You needed a map you decided. This was not Asgard with friendly faces to helpfully point you in the right direction; anyone you had asked had either ignored you or yelled at you in some very colourful language. One problem with Allspeak, you knew what they said regardless.