Chapter 25

The festive season arrived along with your children's birthdays. You both had managed to survive the first year and half of your exile, the people in New York seemed to have accepted Loki was here to stay and the fact he helped the Avengers seemed to have changed most people's view of him. The twins turned three, Rían five and Áedán thirteen. You officially were now the parent of a teenager, it made you feel old. Loki had just laughed at you saying imagine how he felt.

Rían had settled into school without any incidents thankfully. He knew he had to shift into his Midgardian form for school. Loki was still worried because Rumlow had somehow escaped your blast and Loki did not want his children noticed by Hydra. Astrid couldn't change so she usually had an illusion when out in public.

Áedán was excited for Christmas again, having missed it while living in Asgard. He could remember you decorating the house and tree from when he was younger and asked that since you all had your own place again could you get a tree and decorate it like you both used to.

Loki walked out late one early December morning to you trying to put the Christmas Tree up near the window while the children pulled decorations out of the boxes spread around nearby.

"What." He pointed at the tree as you turned to look at him. "Is that?"

You just smiled innocently, knowing he was going to hate it and one of the reasons you had let him sleep in. He had complained at Tony for the last two Christmases about how it was a stupid holiday. Mainly because it was him and Thor playing a joke one year when they were younger and did not think it would stick.

"A Christmas tree."

"Why is it here in my living room?"

"It is in our living room because the kids asked if we could have our own one this year."

"So that is what you and Pepper were up to yesterday." Loki rolled his eyes as he walked to the kitchen to make himself some breakfast.

Once you had the tree put together you left the children to start decorating and walked up to Loki who had been standing in the kitchen watching and wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Think of it as payback for telling Ry to turn the soap into a frog while I was in the bath last night."

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Loki just looked down at you with a cheeky smile on his face.

"I heard you both." You just narrowed your eyes. You knew he hadn't meant to turn it into a live one, it was supposed to be just the shape of one.

"How about I help decorate the tree as an apology."

"No magic though."

"Deal." Loki leant down to kiss you.

Letting him go he walked over to where the children were. Leaning back against the kitchen counter you watched them before grabbing your camera and taking some pictures as they decorated the tree. As much as Loki might say he hated Christmas, he wouldn't spoil his children's joy at the holiday. Checking one picture you had taken you did not see Loki had walked back over to you.

"Would my queen do the honours of putting the star on." He took your hand bringing it to his lips as he lightly placed a kiss on your knuckles, winking. You blushed as you felt a smile pull at your lips.

"Yeah mum! Please!" You heard the children call out.

"Ok." You nodded letting Loki lead you over as he handed you the star. Grabbing your waist he lifted you up as you managed to get it on so it would not fall off. Steading you back on your feet he pulled you back to him into a kiss.