Chapter 33

Two weeks had passed since you had started being sick and it was exactly the same as it was with Rýkr if not worse. You couldn't eat without being sick, in fact some days you couldn't even move without being sick. You also couldn't sleep as worry gripped you.

After dropping the children at school one morning Loki walked in to find you in the bathroom surrounded by pregnancy tests, your head in your hands crying. Crouching down in front of you he lightly ran a hand through your hair till you looked up at him.

"It's positive," you mumbled out through your tears.

"Maybe the test is wrong?" Loki knew it wasn't. You couldn't stop being sick and he could feel the baby when he had touched your stomach but you were panicking and that worried him.

"All of them?" You picked up one of the sticks and waved it in front of his face. "This one says it's twins!"

"Hopefully it's just one baby." He smiled hoping to get you to smile. Honestly at this point it was a fifty-fifty chance.

"What are we going to do!" you cried out.

"Love this child," he stated. You looked at Loki confused in your panic. "You told Odin that the inevitable can not be stopped. All we did was delay it," he tried to reassure you, sitting next to you and wrapping you in his arms. "I will love this child no matter what."

"Even though this child represents our doom?"

"This child, like all our children, represents our love." Loki just smiled at the scowl you gave him. "Ok, this particular child is the product of a very drunken night."

"Don't remind me of that night," you groaned out, putting your head back in your hands as Loki chuckled.

"Listen, I will love this child with all my heart and I know you love this baby, I can see it in your eyes. Now, let's try some dry toast and maybe that will help you feel a bit more positive."

The thought of food made you put a hand to your mouth as your stomach churned. Loki sighed and let you go as you crawled over to the toilet. Two months down, six to go.

- - - -

Another month passed before you felt well enough to leave the bedroom. Even then it was only to the living room and your couch, but it was progress.

"Have you eaten," Loki asked as he stood in front of where you were curled up on the couch, a bucket on the floor just in case.

"No," you whined, "I can't."

"You need to eat something, an empty stomach just makes it worse. What did Eir give you last time?"

"Some disgusting medicine." You turned your nose up at the memory, Loki went to open his mouth to ask what but you interrupted. "Hold that thought," you managed to get out as you ran towards the bathroom.

Now Loki knew exactly what Sif meant when she had told him about how sick you had been with Rýkr, at least this time he was here to help you and not off doing something else. He had told Tony he was unavailable for any missions just stating you were unwell and didn't go into detail.

You had both sat the children down one night and told them. Only because you had both run out of answers to 'why is mum sick'.

"Right, kids, we have some news." Loki stood in front of them with a smile while you sat at the table with your head in your arms.

"Is mum ok?" Áedán asked.

"Yes she's fine," Loki waved his concern away, while you just gave them a thumbs up. "That is actually why I wanted to talk to you lot." He took a breath before saying the next bit. "Your mother is pregnant."