Chapter 14

You opened your eyes to your head throbbing and a slow drip coming from somewhere nearby. It was too dark to see but you could feel the cold wet floor beneath you. At least you were still in pjs and not stripped naked. Whoa your mind thought, not doing dark thoughts now. Focus.

Trying to keep calm you managed to sit up only to feel your head spin, hearing a noise of metal scraping on metal as a rectangle of light appeared opposite to where you were you looked towards it only to shield your eyes and blink as it was so bright compared to the darkness of the room you were in.

"She wakes." An accented voice floated through the gap.

"W-who are you?" your voice cracking slightly in worry.

"That my dear depends on your cooperation," he spoke as the door slowly creaked open.

Squinting against the light you tried to make out the figure silhouetted in the doorway. At least he did not appear as tall as Loki or Thor but the way your head felt you were reluctant to find out if you could take him down, plus you had no idea what was beyond the door and you had a feeling anyone you came across would have a gun and you did not want to test the limit of your healing ability right now.

"Give me one reason why I should,"

"You want to see your children again, you will do as I say," he said as he walked over to you, making you strain your neck to look up at him.

You swallowed, the fact he knew you were a mother made you rethink any rash actions at that current moment. "I am not one to be bossed around," you told him, trying to sound braver than you felt.

"Let us put that to the test shall we?" The man reached out to grab your arm but was thrown back against the wall by the door as a light engulfed you. "Sedate her," he spat out as you felt a prick in your arm before everything went dark again.

- - - -

Walking through the snow Fandral cursed Thor for making him do this, of all the places Loki had to be, it was Jötunheim. It had taken weeks to get here because he was told not to use the bifrost and alert Odin to Loki's location. Hoping Heimdall was not following his movements he went to knock only to find Loki standing in the doorway already waiting for him.

"Let me guess you are here to put me in irons and drag me back to face the Allfather." Loki stood glaring at him with his arms crossed.

Fandral tried not to stare at Loki who had taken his Jötunn form while here, Rían was the spitting image of him he thought. "I am actually here to tell you we found her."

"Where?" Loki could not stop the relief from filling his voice.

"Midgard."

- - - -

Waking again you found your wrists and ankles restrained to a bed in a room that looked similar to one in a hospital - white walls, bright lights and it smelt like one too. You could feel the rough sheet on the bed beneath you. Managing to lift your head up a bit you looked down to find you were dressed in something similar to a hospital gown, your eyes going wide when you realised someone had changed you. Hoping that was all they had done, you yanked your arms as you tried to get them loose but you found there was not enough slack to get your hands free. You could feel your breath start to quicken as you felt the panic take over. This could not be happening again.

This had to be a dream but seeing someone come and stand over you you realised this was a nightmare. A living breathing nightmare.

"Nice to see you have woken up again." The man who had spoken to you before said as he smiled down at you. A smile that made you shiver involuntarily at how cold it was. "I do apologise that it was longer than I would have liked. You Asgardians are...different."