Chapter 5

A month passed and apart from daily headaches, which you blamed on stress and the noise of the city, you settled into a routine. You practised in the morning with a bow, before heading out to spend time in the park with Rían like he was used to. Tony had given you a phone so you couldn't get lost again, and also call someone if needed. You knew he was tracking you and some days felt tempted to leave it behind but the fact you could take photos of Rían made you reconsider.

The Avengers as you had been told they were called adjusted to you and Rían's presence and things got easier. When they were all at the tower you ate dinner with them, getting to know them all. It had taken time but now you started to feel like you were welcome and no one hated you.

Nat and you talked more and a friendship slowly grew, she hated to admit that once she got to know you she liked you. Steve knew Nat considered you a friend and told her that since you were here for the foreseeable future it would be a wise choice to keep you on side.

Everyone had come to trust you a little more and with that came you cooking once or twice a week when everyone was at the Tower.

Walking into the kitchen Tony found you making lunch while Rían sat in the highchair eating his lunch, well if smashing the banana through his hair counted as eating.

"Right Artemis," Tony came to stop on the other side of the bench from you. "Looks like you're gonna be here a while so you can start earning your keep."

"Tony please use my name." You sighed in exasperation, looking up at him.

"No. From next week I want you cooking at least two of the nights when we are all here, mission days don't count as those nights are catch and kill. What nights they will be along with the chores are divided up by the chart." He pointed at the whiteboard behind you. "I've added your name. Please don't do a Steve and just order takeaway."

Turning to look at it you saw that next week looked like a quiet week as everyone was here. "Can do Tony." You turned back to him and gave him a smile.

Tony did a double take at your reply. "No remark? No 'that is beneath me' snide?"

"Um, no...?" You frowned.

"You're married to Loki? And a princess?" Tony appeared shocked that you were happy with his request.

Giving another sigh you rolled your eyes before replying. "I'm not married to Loki and I'm not a princess, we've been over this, plus I like cooking, it will be good to get back into it as I missed it."

"A princess that knows how to cook?" Tony raised an eyebrow sceptically.

"A human that knows how to cook," you responded, turning towards Rían to clean him up.

Steve must have given that 'book' because one afternoon you had gone to put Rían down for a nap and found something on your bed called a Bible. You had just shrugged and read it anyway, frowning in confusion through most of it. Most of the first section sounded like post Ragnarok Norse myth from your world, some sounded like Loki pulling pranks and the end was just a rewritten version of Ragnarok, which definitely had made you scratch your head. You had asked Tony for a Norse myth book and to your surprise nothing in it matched what you had just read, or remembered from your home, but definitely matched what you had experienced living there.

You had met Clint and that went about as well as the others expected.

Putting Rían down on the floor to play you heard Tony step off the lift assuming it must be Bruce as you had your back to them, you didn't expect to hear a different voice.

"Who's the new girl?"

Making sure Rían was amused you stood back up and turned to face them with a smile, might as well try and make a good first impression.