Chapter 24

After dinner one night as Loki put the twins to bed and the older two had fallen asleep you sat at the table looking over the notes you had made since being here. It had been ten months since you had threatened Odin that you knew what was going to occur but in all honesty you were clueless.

You had asked Frigga as you walked back to the palace what she knew about Ragnarok only for her to tell you that it was you dying in childbed with yours and Loki's first child that caused him to destroy all in his anger and bitterness at losing you both.

When you had explained what happened after Áedán's birth and that you only were able to have Rían because of what she had given you (which you still weren't told what). Frigga realised if Odin had not forced the engagement with Helena she would not have tried to kill you, they would not have given you the item that healed you and all of this would not have happened. In either scenario. Because you never would have fallen pregnant in the first place.

Odin's actions had set in motion Ragnarok but how it would play out was anyone's guess since the circumstances in which it would had now changed.

"What's all this?" Loki asked, making you look up in shock, you had lost track of time.

"Nothing!" you said as you tried to move the papers together and hide them. You weren't ready to show him yet.

"Let me see." He moved a hand making you still your movements.

"This is so unfair." Trying to stomp your foot in frustration but couldn't.

"Oh really? Normally you enjoy my talents. Like last night for example." You felt him come up beside you. "If you promise to leave the papers alone I'll let you move."

"I promise."

You sat back down and watched as Loki slowly moved them across the table reading, coming to the one with what Frigga had told you he raised an eyebrow as he reread it, turning his face to look at you once he was done.

"Is this true?" he demanded.

"Yes," you could only whisper.

"That arrogant..." Loki trailed off swearing. "What about the rest?"

"What I can remember reading from my world."

Loki sat down next to you, taking the ones in your hands off of you and reading through every note you had made. You let the silence drag watching Loki as he studied, a frown on his face.

"I think the kids have something to do with it." You had never voiced these thoughts to anyone and you worried he may think you were crazy.

"Explain," Loki said without looking up.

"I think these 'signs' are going to happen here. Maybe," you supplied when Loki looked up at you with a questioning look. "It seems I was fated to cause Ragnarok, especially after what your mother told me. Odin's interference has just changed the way in which it plays out." You pointed to one of the notes. "Balder's death being one." Picking up one of the papers you handed it to him. "Three winters befall Midgard. I have had three Jötunn babies and both pregnancies were due in midwinter."

"Ok..." You watched Loki think as he shuffled the notes looking for something. "But what about the flood of water?" Loki questioned as he handed you one of the notes. You didn't need to see what it said.

"Njörðr said he would stand by us if Surtr tried to storm Asgard."

"He actually said you, not us."

"Yes...but what does your brother call me?" Hoping to get Loki to remember.

"Oh...Oh!" Loki said as it clicked, you would lead the God of the Sea across the land. "The endless wars?" Handing you another piece of paper.

"This bit here 'brother against brother' Odin made Thor hunt you down after you had killed Balder. I don't think it is going to happen word for word but some...? As to what, I am not sure..." you trailed off.