Chapter 21

It was all going fine until about eight months after you had been found. Thor and Sif had been back on Earth for a couple of months, you were given the all clear when your wound had finally healed enough to be able to leave the tower and spent most mornings walking around Central Park with Loki and the children, you weren't allowed to carry them so Loki had been. It had earnt a lot of strange looks as he walked around with both twins on his back, you had a feeling seiðr may have been involved in making the wrap work. You also had not sneezed in months or levelled New York. It felt like life was finally getting back on track.

"Loki, are you sure you don't want me to take one of the twins? It has got to be uncomfortable carrying them like that all the time."

"Darling, you are not making that wound worse by lifting them. It has finally healed enough to not need any stitches and I will not make it worse."

"Would you at least like me to help you tie the wrap?"

"No. I am perfectly capable of carrying my children." Loki picked up the twins, a green glow enveloping them as they appeared on his back in your wrap.

"I didn't mean it like that!"

Walking and picking up Rían he turned to you with a smile while Áedán made his way to the lift. "I know my love; now what do you say about getting these imps to run some energy off?"

Waking suddenly in the middle of the night as your bedroom door burst open you did not expect to see the Einherjar rushing into the room and grab Loki dragging him out of the bed and down the hall as he fought to get them to let him go. You both hadn't noticed them do it but they had cuffed him so he couldn't use his seiðr to teleport away.

You had no idea you were screaming 'NO' until Steve was holding you back telling you it was going to be fine while Thor tried to stop them taking Loki. Unsuccessful you watched as the bifrost appeared in the middle of the living area as it took him away in chains falling to the floor in tears taking Steve down with you, as he had not expected you to collapse like you did.

"Thor take me back to Asgard!" you yelled once he had turned to look back at you.

"I cant."

"Yes you can! Do it now I need to stop Odin!"

"It is too late, father will not be lenient and I do not want you witnessing what he may do."

"He is NOT killing him, I will not allow it!"

"You are just a Midgardian you dont have any sway."

"When he hears what I have to say he will actually listen to me for once."

- - - -

Getting dressed you said goodbye to the children asking Tony and Pepper to please watch them. You promised them you would be back with their father soon, thankfully they did not appear too traumatised from seeing Loki dragged away like that, finding Thor when you were done to tell him you were ready.

Sif and Thor had donned their amour and took you up to the roof to call the bifrost. Unfortunately you only had your leather pants and tunic from when you first arrived. You had decided at the last minute to not wear anything Earth wise to face Odin.

Frigga met the three of you at the bifrost. Wrapping you in her arms you relaxed into the hug she gave you as you tried to keep the tears at bay.

"Where is he?"

"In the cells, you can not go to him I'm afraid. His sentencing is scheduled for this afternoon."

You just nodded refusing to let her go. You had assumed as much.