Chapter 7

Bruce had asked if you were happy for him to monitor you during your pregnancy since it may not be the best if word got out that there were a couple of alien demigod babies in the Avengers Tower. You had agreed as it meant not having to make the trip to the local maternity unit.

After Áedán's birth you still were afraid of hospitals, it was also one of the reasons Eir had allowed you to give birth within your room even when Loki had protested against it; he had eventually caved when you told him (more liked cried) why you wanted the safety of your room. If Loki had been here you might have been able to handle going to the hospital.

Tony was worried about Hydra getting wind of the baby but did not mention it to you so as not to scare you; only the others knew of his worry and made sure you weren't left alone too often. Fury had also been told about the baby and to step up his efforts in trying to contact Asgard.

Standing in front of the mirrored cupboard doors you tried to work out why your belly seemed like it had popped out overnight. Maybe it hadn't, maybe you'd shrunk the clothes in the wash. Pulling the bottom of your shirt down only to watch it pull back up. Pouting you slid one side open and went looking for your tunic, that should at least fit, you hoped.

Finding it you took your top off only to feel like you had been kicked in four different directions at once.

"Oof that's a strong kick baby," you said rubbing your side, Over the last couple of weeks you had started to feel movements more strongly, but never like that and it made you wonder how far along you actually were.

Dropping Rían off with Tony who had agreed to watch him for you, you headed down to the med bay and let yourself in, seeing Bruce working away at one of the screens.

"Hi Bruce," you called out so you didn't scare him.

"Hey!" He smiled at you and got up. "Still happy for me to check you over?"

"Sure." You returned his smile.

Getting on the bed Bruce got the ultrasound probe ready. It made you realise for as much as Asgard could be backwards in some regards they were quite advanced in some areas. Checking you over, you sat and watched him hoping he would let you look at the baby, you wanted to ask but wanted to wait till he had done what he needed too. After a while you watched his brows furrow more and more as he looked at the image on the screen.

"Everything ok?" You tried to sit up to look at the screen.

"Yeah. I just. Yeah everything is fine," he answered.

"It doesn't sound fine."

"I'm not sure how to tell you this..." You could hear the hesitation in his voice, whatever he had found did not sound good.

"The baby is alive right?" You suddenly felt scared and wished Loki was here with you.

"Yeah baby is alive...it's just...there are two in there."

"What?!" you exclaimed.

"Two." Bruce turned the screen towards you so you could see for yourself. "See, baby one." He moved the probe over one side of your belly. "And baby two." As he moved it to the other side.

You looked at the screen in wide eyed shock. Two babies...

"How? Oh my god I'm having two babies."

Bruce turned back towards you and saw the look on your face. "Are you alright?" he asked. You were looking a little pale.

"I'm in shock to be honest. I thought it was only one baby."

"Nope." Bruce said as he turned the screen back to check them over. "Did you want to know what they are?"