Chapter 19

Slowly coming to you could hear the steady beep of a machine near you. It felt different this time.

Last time you felt like you were drifting in the current, this time you felt like you were floating on the surface.

Last time you wanted to stay in the darkness, this time you wanted to run from it.

Your body felt just as stiff and there were added aches and pains this time. Your right side hurt immensely. Something was stuck to your face and you tried to scrunch your nose up to move it, not being successful.

There was no more drip of water or hard bed. In fact the one you were on was soft and you felt warm for the first time in months. Hearing a light snoring coming from one side of you over the beeps you frowned in confusion. You weren't alone.

Trying to open your eyes you breathed a sigh of relief when it didn't make you dizzy; but the sigh turned into a panicked scream when you saw the ceiling above you and you realised you were still with Hydra in their medical room.

Trying to bring your hands up to try and help you sit and work out what was going on you did not realise someone was holding on to one and you unfortunately woke Loki up. Looking up in shock he did not expect to find you thrashing in the bed as you tried to sit up and rip the drips out at the same time, while the monitors attached to you were going haywire.

"Elskan það er allt í lagi." He grabbed your arms trying to keep you still and look at him. "Ég er hér ástin mín, það er allt í lagi með þig safe."

Your brain felt like it was full of cotton wool but it registered that this wasn't a dream, that someone was talking to you in a voice you recognised. Picking up the one word you understood him saying you stopped moving, feeling the fog slowly disappear from around your brain. "Safe?" you asked as you stared at Loki in wide eyed panic, not registering that it was him.

"Yes, safe. You are in the med bay at Avengers Tower," he said slowly so you could understand him, having forgotten that you may not be able to translate what he was saying as he tried to stop you falling out of the bed. So used to talking to you normally since he had given you Allspeak.

You looked into his eyes seeing the relief that filled them. "Not Hydra?" you asked.

"Not Hydra," he reassured you, rubbing his thumbs on your upper arms.

You relaxed at hearing that looking back up at the ceiling you listened to the monitors as their beeping returned to normal, your brain took a while longer to click that Loki was here. Like actually here. Feeling how real his hands were on your arms, you looked back at him with teary eyes.

"You're here!" you exclaimed as you threw yourself at him, wrapping your arms around his neck and hugging him, feeling slightly dizzy from the rush of you sitting up for the first time in...you had no idea. Then you remembered what he had done and how angry you were at finding out. The innocent people he had killed.

Pulling back slightly you lifted your hand and slapped him. "That was for New York."

You watched as his face went from shock to a sneer to one full of guilt. "You know?"

"Yes. What happened to not keeping secrets from each other?" You just looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

Watching as he opened his mouth before closing it again as he tried to work out what to say. Rolling your eyes you pulled him back into a hug and laid back down making him follow you. Hissing in pain when you felt something pull painfully on your chest.

"I'm sorry," he muffled out from where his face was pressed into your chest.

"Tell me everything in future please."