Chapter 35

The day arrived. You weren't sure how to feel. On one hand you were excited to finally see Asgard and your friends again; on the other you were apprehensive of the reception you would receive. Loki had been in a foul mood in the days leading up to and the morning of and a few arguments over trivial matters had happened between you both.

At least you could see Eir to work out what was going on over the last month and hope she would finally tell you what they had given you since Frigga...because Frigga was no longer around for you to ask.

That also made your heart ache. You younger three children would never see their grandmother again, if at all for the twins. Rýkr was too young when he left to even remember what she had looked like. Áedán remembered, he also had refused to come at first; old enough to understand it was because of Odin that you all had to live on Midgard and never knew about Frigga's passing. He did not particularly want to step foot back in a place that hated his parents. In the end Loki had convinced him, if only to help show the younger three how to act during the feast since he would remember court protocol.

Saying goodbye to Tony, Nat and Steve you both promised you would be back within the week, you were basically only going for this stupid event anyway. Once you were ready you made your way to the roof with Thor and Sif, giving them a child each to hold on to while Áedán held onto Astrid. After that morning's argument you were apprehensive about standing next to Loki, let alone letting him touch you; but you were glad he was holding onto you because as soon as your feet landed in the bifrost chamber you felt your legs give way. Loki felt you collapse and yelled your name in panic as his hands gripped you tighter before everything went black.

You could hear the wind rustling softly through the leaves as you slowly drifted into consciousness, which weirded you out a bit as eyes adjusted to the brightness and you came face to face with a golden ceiling. Annoyed that the first thing you saw on Asgard as you opened your eyes was the ceiling of the healing rooms, you tried to work out how you even got here, making a noise in annoyance when you realised you had most likely fainted again. Moving your head to look around you tried to see if anyone was nearby, of course no one was but you could hear the voices of Eir and Loki. Attempting to sit up you waited for any dizziness to hit you, glad when it didn't. Just as you went to stand you heard Loki sternly yell your name making you still your movements.

"What are you doing trying to get up?" he demanded of you, a bite to his tone as you looked up and found him glaring at you as he came to stand in front of you.

'Great', you thought, 'he's back to being this person'. Not even one day back in Asgard and you have to deal with the Loki you first met when you had arrived here.

"My back hurts and I need to shift the weight of the baby," you bit out tersely matching the glare he gave you.

"Loki she is fine, if you are both going to argue you can leave," Eir reprimed as she pointed towards the door, Loki huffed as she turned back towards you. "How long has this been happening?"

"The last month I think? It started around the time I stopped being physically sick."

"How far along are you now?"

"Almost six months."

"Ok." Eir nodded, glancing quickly at Loki knowing he was going to not like what she was about to say. "I would like you to stay here till you give birth so I can monitor you."

"She is not staying here!" You heard Loki say raising his voice.

"Wouldn't this be better for the baby? Eir knows more than anyone on Midgard," you tried pleading with him. Even Bruce was clueless as to what was happening and he had suggested to you to see if Eir could help and deliver the baby as he was worried about how that would go this time.