Chapter 16

Tony stood at the window, coffee mug in hand watching as the blizzard roared outside. The fact it was told him you were close. But where.

Hearing a noise behind him and a tiny excited voice he knew it was Loki with Áedán and Rían as they headed to the kitchen to make breakfast. He had been here almost four weeks now and Thor had made it clear that they both had to try and get along. Loki could not go back to Asgard upon pain of death so Tony was stuck with him. At least he had taken over looking after the kids, well more like refusing to allow anyone near them.

He found it weird watching Loki interact with his kids, especially after how he had been during the attack on New York. This person was the complete opposite and he appeared to enjoy it. Tony hated to admit it when he had watched him that Loki was a good father, he doted on those kids.

Áedán confused him though, he was much older than the others which meant he must have been born prior to Loki turning up during the Chitauri invasion and Tony knew Loki was taken back to Asgard to face justice there. Could that be the reason for the age gap and why he had been pardoned? Why did Thor not mention he had a wife and child? Tony did not believe your story about being from a different universe. You were married to the God of Lies afterall.

Hearing small footsteps Tony glanced down to see Rían next to him his cobalt blue face pressed against the glass as he peered out the window with a wide eyed expression on his face. Since Loki had shown him he also looked like Astrid he had gone back to preferring his Jötunn form again.

"Dadda id snowing! Wook!"

"Yes Ry, snow. Maybe later we will go out and play," Loki said, earning a squeal of excitement from the young boy.

"It snows here as well?" Áedán asked.

"Yes."

"Not normally at this time of year," Tony said as he turned around to face Loki in the kitchen.

"It is winter Stark, snow is usually what happens in this place during that season." Loki gestured with the knife in his hand that he was using to cut the toast with out the window.

"Considering it is spring, this kind of weather is considered a freak event."

Loki just raised an eyebrow in question at him as Steve walked into the room interrupting the conversation.

"Oh cool snow!" Steve exclaimed as he made his way to make a coffee. "Wait..."

"Yep," Tony said, popping the p.

"Is it here or..."

"Fury said most of North America. The further out the more it becomes rain."

"She hasn't done that before?"

"No. But it tells me she is close."

"Who is close?" Loki questioned as he got the older two settled at the table to eat but before Tony or Steve could answer him he heard the twins cry as they woke up and headed back towards your room with a couple of bottles to feed them before attempting some food.

- - - -

Thor found Loki on the roof later that day sitting in the snow with the twins on his lap while the older two ran around playing. He could see the shimmer of a barrier to stop them from falling over the edge, not that they would, the ledge was high up enough to prevent it, but Loki wasn't taking any chances. At least the blizzard had finally blown itself out.

"Enjoying the peace and quiet?" Thor asked as he sat down next to his brother and took one of the twins off of him.

"I was." Loki scowled at his brother.