Chapter 29

It was almost Christmas again. Áedán had turned seventeen, Rían nine and the twins seven. Time was passing your little family by but you both enjoyed the days with your children, knowing that once they were grown you would never get these days back. The last five and half years of your exile had felt like a blur.

Only Áedán could remember Asgard but Loki told them stories of the realm and what he and Thor got up to in their younger days. He also told them stories of Frigga, never once mentioning who Odin was to them only saying he was the King of Asgard if they asked; you honestly did not blame him. Astrid was determined to visit one day and all Loki told her was one day. He never mentioned how much the Jotnar were hated there.

You walked into the gym with Astrid after lunch to find Loki telling Bjorn off while Áedán and Rían were sparing to one side. You looked at him and wondered why he was frazzled, hoping it wasn't because Bjorn had blown something up again. You thought Astrid was going to be the problem child, turns out it was your quiet youngest son.

"Everything ok?" You asked Loki once you were closer.

"Yes. I now know how mother felt."

"How come?" You furrowed your brow as Loki pointed to the roof. Looking up you saw scorch marks on the ceiling. "Wha..." You breathed out, mouth open in shock.

"The boy did not listen to my instructions." Loki turned to face Bjorn, eyes narrowed.

You sighed and looked at him. "Bjorn."

"I'm sorry!"

"We have been through this!" You told him in frustration. "You need to listen." Watching as a remorseful look filled his features. "Come here hun." You pulled him into a hug and stroked his hair out of his face. "Please listen in future. I don't want you getting hurt."

"I promise mum." He nodded.

"Now, Astrid and I brought more sprinkles so how would you like to help make some Christmas cookies?" You asked him, deciding that maybe a break would help cool some tempers down.

"Yes please!" He beamed up at you as you smiled at him.

"Can I stay with dad?" Astrid asked.

"Uh..." You looked at Loki, unsure what he had planned, you had hoped to give him a break.

"Sure princess." He smiled at her. "Let's see that throwing arm of yours."

Later that night once the children were asleep Loki sat next to you on the couch wrapping you in his arms while you attempted to finish off one of the cookies you had made that afternoon.

"You're too soft on him."

"And you're too hard." You spoke out around your mouthful.

"He needs to learn." Loki stated, taking the rest of the cookie off of you and eating it.

"I know he does Lo, but remember what Dan was like at that age."

"I do. The children seemed to have inherited your stubborn streak." Loki gave you a stern look before sighing. "If he won't listen to me, who will he listen to?"

"You can be just as obstinate and Bjorn does listen to you. He idolises you. In fact he spent all afternoon telling me what you were teaching him." Loki just scoffed at your words. "Eh don't believe me." You shrugged. "I'm going to get another cookie." You said as you got up.

- - - -

"Your Majesty." Heimdall bowed as Frigga walked into the bifrost chamber.

"How are they?" Frigga asked him. She was beyond skirting around the reason for her visits to see him. Odin knew what she was doing when she came here but turned a blind eye towards it, he knew she missed her son but refused to budge on allowing them back.