Chapter 36

The first night had been an adjustment. Thankfully you were able to eat within your rooms so did not have to face the court just yet. Thor had kept the children in his rooms to avoid any questions and they had stared at everything in wonder as they walked back to Loki's, the younger three couldn't believe something like this existed. Rían remembered nothing. You could remember feeling like that when you first came here and of course your hormones weren't helping in the slightest and that night you had gone to bed in tears at what they had missed out on.

"No more tears," Loki told you as he came to bed.

"That's easy for you to say," you sobbed out, "you don't have crazy hormones coursing through your body."

"Then instead why don't we think of something happier, like how this little one is going to be exactly like you," Loki told you as he moved you to sit up in bed and wiped your tears away with his thumb before laying on his stomach between your legs so he could talk to the baby, a hand slowly caressing your bump.

"Are you hoping for a girl?" you asked, your voice still carrying remnants of tearfulness.

"Another daughter would be nice, and Astrid would probably like a sister." Loki's gaze flicked back to yours as you ran your fingers through his hair. "Honestly though I do not mind, a healthy baby is all I ask for."

"Then maybe this one will be another clone of you," you told him with a smile.

"I pray to every god in existence that this baby is not." Loki lightly kissed your belly.

Sleep had taken it time to visit as you and Loki laid in the bed remembering the last time you had done so. You had thought you would never be back and yet you found yourself here now. In the end you had both talked well into the night as you wondered why Odin had accepted you both back now, there had to be some reason and it had you worried. Sleep finally claimed the both of you when small kisses and light touches turned more demanding.

Loki had gone over with the children in the morning of what was expected of them and warned them that they had to be on their best behaviour, this was not one of Stark's parties.

"Love, I have some things I need to deal with before tonight," Loki told you as the children were getting dressed for the day.

"Hopefully it won't take you too long."

"If you saw the pile on my desk you wouldn't be saying that." Loki rolled his eyes. "I'll try and be back this afternoon so I can help get the children ready."

"Ok." Giving him a kiss.

Unsure of what to do with the rest of the day, you decided to waste time in the gardens with Sif and the younger three while Áedán stayed in the rooms and read.

"You know if you eat any more food you're not going to have room for lunch," Sif commented as you ate another teacake as you sat on the blanket next to her.

"With how hungry I am I will," giving a light laugh. "Thought you would be cheering over the fact I can finally eat."

"Oh I am, let's just hope they made you a dress with room," Sif smirked.

"Hey," you elbowed her.

"I missed this. You have no idea how boring this last decade has been!"

"Me too, this," you gestured towards the children, "is what should have been life. Some days I wish I kept my mouth shut."

Sif put her arm around your shoulders and gave you a squeeze. "At least you haven't had to raise your kids amongst the court drama."

Thor and Loki eventually joined the five of you for lunch, before being dragged away because of some issue with the feast that evening.