Chapter 2

The room Pepper led you to reminded you of a hotel room. A large bed in the middle of the room, a couple of bedside tables, a small cupboard and a bathroom attached. The colour scheme definitely screamed 'hotel'; white sheets, cream walls...the only different colour you saw was the red bedspread, marking the room as Thor's.

"Thank you," you said, turning back to Pepper.

"It's no problem," she smiled at you. "Now let me show you the kitchen and living area." She started walking off, it took you a second to realise you should probably follow.

"The others are on a mission and will be back later this week. There's food here." Pepper walked into the kitchen, opening cupboards and the fridge to show you. "Help yourself."

"Thanks again, honestly though you don't have to do this."

"Do you have anywhere to go?"

"Well...uh...maybe..." you sighed. "No I don't."

"Then you are welcome to stay until we hear from Asgard."

"Ok. Thank you," you tried to smile.

Pepper gave you a comforting smile when she saw your face. "I'm sure this is a shock, but don't worry we will get you home."

You almost felt like crying, home, you were so far from home. An ache settled in your chest as your lip quivered, not only had you found yourself thrown from everything you knew to a place which you had tried to make a home in, you were now ripped from there and stuck here. What had you done for Fate to punish you so.

Grabbing some food you headed back to the room Pepper had shown you. Thor's room...your room, managing to get Rían to eat something and settle for bed. Laying him on one side of the bed and rolling the red blanket up to make a barrier to stop him from falling out, it wasn't the best option but the only one you had for tonight. Unsure what to do and not feeling tired you walked towards the window and opened the curtains to look out. It was full night now and the lights of the buildings sparkled around the city skyline. It wasn't Asgard and it wasn't a sky full of stars, but it was something.

- - - -

"Anything?" Loki said as he walked into the room coming to stand at the edge of the table. He had just come from trying to convince his father to help in the search for you, only to refuse and tell him, 'you'll turn up'.

"Nothing that we've found so far," Thor said, looking up from the table to his brother.

"Then look harder!" He said, slamming his hands onto the table making some of the markers scatter.

"Loki calm, we are doing all we can."

"You would be demanding the same if it was Sif," Loki snarled.

"We will find them."

"What if I am too late? What if they are already dead." Loki looked down at the map in front of him, a week had passed and nothing, not even Heimdall could see you. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Somehow you had blocked yourself and Loki wondered if this had to do with your healing ability.

"They aren't. If anything she is resilient." Fandral said, coming to stand next to Loki putting a hand on his shoulder giving it a quick squeeze. "We just need to work out where that portal sent them."

"Thor, how long till the bifrost is fixed?" Hogun said, looking towards his friend.

"Father said a year, maybe two if there are delays."

He stared at the map. Where were you? The mages would not have been able to make anything too powerful so you wouldn't be far, but where? "I'm going to Vanaheim." Loki said before looking back up to Thor.