Chapter 10

"What do you mean my son is dead?!" Erik yelled at Edmund as he stood in front of him.

"Loki stabbed him in the halls this afternoon."

"Why!"

"For killing his son."

"He was supposed to kill Odin for letting Balder free! Not my son!" Erik looked at him in rage. "That was the plan and you promised this would work! It is bad enough that Balder killed the mortal, setting in motion Ragnarok, but this...THIS WAS NOT THE PLAN!"

"I did not think this would happen," Edmund tried to explain. "Helena confirmed Loki was angry at his father for refusing to do anything to help in the search for them and this should have fanned that anger."

Erik let out an angry scream. "LEAVE ME!" Watching as Edmund walked out, shutting the door behind him.

"This is my punishment for killing her," he muttered to himself as he broke down over the loss of his son.

- - - -

Thor walked towards where his father was sitting on the throne. The thunderous look on his face matched his mood.

"Thor, do you have any idea where your brother has gone?" Odin asked Thor as he stood in front of him.

"I do not father."

"He was last seen in your rooms. He must have said something."

"He was only there to say goodbye to the Midgardian's child."

"I task you with finding him and to bring him here to face justice for the murder of Balder."

"Yes father," Thor nodded before turning and leaving.

Thor was beyond angry, not only was he now looking for you he was also now looking for his brother. How could he have been so stupid and killed Balder. Thankfully the bifrost was almost completed so the task would be that much easier.

- - - -

You thought you were huge with Rían but at just over six and a half months with twin half giant babies you officially felt as big as a house, you wondered if there was any room left for these babies. Giving up on attempting to train as it became difficult, you spent most days waddling around between the floors helping Bruce and Pepper and sometimes Tony. As much as you probably should be resting you also wanted to keep moving to try and help the constant back ache you currently had. The closer you got to your due date the more afraid you got. You didn't want to give birth in hospital, not after what happened with Áedán.

You and Nat were sitting watching a movie and eating ice cream after Rían had gone to bed. You got about half hour into it before the night became a 'I need to vent' night and you both sat talking about her latest mission.

"So anything you want to vent about?" Nat asked you.

"Not really, same old - I just want to go home," you answered.

"I'm sure the bifrost will be fixed soon."

"Nat, you've been saying that for months, I've been saying that for years and it's still broken." Eating another spoonful. "I think I'm gonna have to accept the fact that these kids are going to be in school before Loki even meets them!" Wiping your eye with your sleeve. You had long come to the realisation that you were giving birth without Loki by your side.

"You watch, he's gonna turn up while you're in labour and everything will be fine," Nat said after her mouthful.

You laughed. "No he won't, life never works out that way. Not for me anyway." You gestured at the room. "Hence why I'm here."