Chapter 27

Walking into Rían and Bjorn's room you opened the cupboard and selected some clothes before folding them and placing them in the suitcase on the bed. You did the same to the Astrid's, leaving Áedán's as he said he was going to pack himself and you hoped he was doing so.

"Why are we doing this again?" Loki leant against the door frame of your shared room as you folded his clothes to pack. The gold ring on his left hand glinted as it caught the sun streaming in the room as he crossed his arms.

"Because Pepper wanted a day at the beach before the baby arrives and I agreed to join since the older two are on summer break."

"It's a week on holiday with Stark and everybody else." You watched his lip curl. Three years here and he still had these moments. At least he was getting along better with everyone. Most of the time.

"Would you have preferred a week alone in the tower?" you asked as you pulled out a couple of sundresses.

"Yes actually I would." Loki eyed the dresses you were neatly folding with a smirk on his face.

"C'mon I haven't been to the beach since before I was in Asgard," you pleaded.

"I took you swimming in the forest."

"That's not a beach. Plus you can sit in the shade and read," you told him.

"That is very tempting." A hint of a smile ghosting on lips as he walked over and grabbed the suitcase as soon as you had zipped it shut. "But if I go, I want you to wear those dresses. No shorts." He grinned while you just rolled your eyes with a smile.

- - - -

Helena managed to get the lock open and smiled as the door swung open. As luck would have it you weren't here. It was a good thing she had picked this week, she would have been years earlier but it had taken time to get a portal to send her here and back again without the Allfather knowing. He had decreed that you were both to be forgotten, your names removed, never to have existed. She had squealed in glee when she had heard the announcement, it meant that once you had died a hopefully tragic death any memory of you would also be gone. Now she just had to work on getting Loki back to Asgard, alone.

Playing with the necklace she was wearing, she walked into the apartment looking around and taking in the room before her. It was bright and open, the complete opposite of Loki's chambers in Asgard making her frown.

Sheer white curtains hung against the tall windows down one side of the room to stop the summer sun streaming in. White or oak wood furniture scattered about the room with very light blue fabric furnishings. Not a hint of green anywhere in sight that she could see, you must have had a say in this. How low Loki had fallen to be controlled by someone like you. A black mirrored panel sat on a rectangular piece of furniture and she wondered what it was as she stood staring at it; the couch in front of it screamed this is what Midgardians must use for heat. It was so alien.

Bringing her attention to the white walls, she saw pictures adorning them, studying each one as she made her way through the place towards an opening that must be a hallway. Sneering when she saw a child who was clearly Jötunn, Loki looking happy as he held them in the picture, which had shocked her. He knew what you were. Helena was even more shocked to see that you had had more children. How could Loki even think about bedding a monster.

What did you even have to offer him anyway? She doubted you were a decent fuck. You were a Jötunn and they were but simple creatures, surely he must be bored by now. Annoyingly Loki had refused her advances over the years so he didn't know what she could offer him but she had heard the talk amongst the women and men at court about Loki's tastes and there was no way you would do any of that. Plus anyone could give him children and it's not like he had actually wanted them, he had never shown interest before you arrived, it was most likely you forcing him. Once you were gone he wouldn't give a second glance to those brats. The thought made her smile.