Chapter 96

"Tell me, Nova, why were you on this island?" Yukiji wanted to know after she had had a chance to recover and eat something. "Shouldn't you be with Garp?"

The black-haired girl looked at Yukiji from her ship. "I was with him after Mihawk dropped me off. He was furious when he found out about the relationship we've had for two years and really beat me up. He laughed immediately afterwards and said that I must have been training and should go on a mission." she explained calmly, rubbing her head as she remembered the beating.

"That really hurt...", Nova said as Yukiji's eyes narrowed as well. "You don't say..." grumbled the pink-haired girl who knew exactly what that felt like. "Anyway..." Nova came back to the actual point. "He told me that there are a few secrets on a smaller island. And from what I was told, this navy acts independently. I couldn't find out exactly why because your family came."

Yukiji looked apologetically at her best friend who had her arms crossed. Well, it wasn't really Yukiji's fault. She had no way of knowing that her father had now set out to find them himself, since the navy had always failed.

"And what were you doing on this island? You should have been in Sabaody Archipelago by now." Nova asked. "As for that..." muttered Yukiji, tapping her index fingers together. "We got lost..."

"Oh..." nodded Nova. "You what?!" she yelled after she realized what Yukiji had said. "How do you manage something like that?! The map and the compass would have taken you there! How stupid can you be!"

"Oii, we took the direction you gave us." Zoro intervened, clasping his hands behind his head and closing his eyes. He didn't want to get involved in the conversation and had dozed off for a moment.

"You two are hopeless cases..." Nova breathed out and placed her thumb and index finger over the bridge of her nose. Yukiji had already told her that Zoro had no sense of direction anyway. But the fact that she was so stupid herself was beyond Nova.

"It would have been easier with a log port. But you only had one." Yukiji now defended himself. She was right again. Nova looked at her log port, which she had received from Garp. After her mission, she had to go back to Sabaody Archipelago anyway.

"We can sail to Sabaody Archipelago together. I have to tell Garp about what happened." Nova asked them, which brought a smile to Yukiji's face. "Really?" asked the pink-haired girl, closing her eyes in delight.

"Thank you Novalein, I can always rely on you!"