Chapter 45

Since Robin was still missing, Yukiji had decided to look for her after an inn was found. While Nami and Luffy went to Shipyard Island after the incident with Iceburg and Zoro stayed at the inn, Yukiji went off alone. The reason for this was that her face was certainly known here. There were no wanted posters for Sanji and Chopper, so it was safer for the two of them to go alone.

Sanji didn't think it was a good idea, but he had to admit that it would probably be better to search in hiding. Next to Yukiji, he would stand out too quickly with Chopper and would also be found very quickly. But he didn't just trust Chopper because he was a doctor. No, he trusted him because Yukiji had confided everything to him and wouldn't say anything. Yukiji had confessed it to him in a quiet moment, which Sanji had thought about at first, but had finally accepted.

"Excuse me, have you seen this woman?" Yukiji asked a mother who had packed up everything with her children. A short while ago there was a loud alarm about a storm that was approaching.

Apparently it was a storm that was going to take a big wave with it and put everything under water. Not a good moment for devil fruit bearers. Luffy, Chopper, Robin and they had to get out of here as fast as they could.

"No, I'm sorry." the woman said and finally disappeared with her children. Yukiji thought about it. Robin wouldn't just disappear like that, would she? If she was honest, they didn't even know Robin. The only thing Yukiji knew was that she read books and was interested in stories and ruins. But what else did Robin like? Oh yes, coffee.

"Robin...where are you...?" Yukiji wondered quietly. Even though Yukiji didn't really know her, she was a member of them. Robin was the one who had helped her at Crocodile. Had given her food and drink. Yukiji had a trust in Robin that others might not have had.

"You should leave." , the pink-haired girl heard her friend's voice as she appeared in an alley. "That's what we were going to do. But we were looking for you." replied Yukiji, smiling happily. "Where have you been?"

"None of your business." came back promptly. Robin sounded rather cold towards her. Yukiji shook her head briefly. She had probably just imagined it.

"Come on Robin, let's get out of here." Yukiji asked the older woman, who remained cold. "I'm not coming with you. I told Sanji and Chopper the same thing earlier. Leave before it gets any worse for you."

"What do you mean?" asked Yukiji, swallowing slightly. "I'm leaving you here. We part ways here." Robin got to the point, which Yukiji couldn't accept.

"What!?" "No way! Usopp has already left us!", Yukiji scolded and recognized a small emotion in Robin's eyes, which quickly disappeared again. "Go, Yukiji. Otherwise it will be uncomfortable for you. I'm not doing you any good." , said Robin, who had turned around and was walking down the alley.

"Robin! Tell me what's going on, please!" Yukiji called after her. "You helped me, so let me help you now!" the eighteen-year-old added, not reaching Robin. What was wrong with her? Why did she think she wouldn't do the crew any good? Yukiji just didn't understand.

"Robin!"