Chapter 17

Yukiji landed a little later on a stony ground which was under the ground. Crocodile had locked her in his sand until he came here. Yukiji could only vaguely see who was here.

In addition to the injured king, Nico Robin was also here. The black-haired woman stood thoughtfully in front of a large stone with several writings on it. Writings that Yukiji had never seen before.

"This is just the history of the country." Robin spoke and looked at Crocodile with her blue eyes. "The history of the country?" the man asked.

"Yes, for sure. Not a single word about Pluton is written here." Robin confirmed, looking quite certain. "I see, then I have no more use for you here."

Yukiji, who looked at Robin, widened her eyes when Crocodile attacked her. Her grip slipped into her jacket, from which she took out a test tube of water and threw it. Crocodile quickly dodged and laughed lightly as the shot missed. At that moment, Crocodile swung his hook and let it whiz towards Robin.

"No..." Yukiji breathed softly, trying to use her strength despite her sea stone handcuffs. Robin kept giving her more to eat and drink. She couldn't watch her die.

For this reason, Yukiji created her wind, adding a few cherry blossoms and sending them flying towards Crocodile. The petals cut his face, causing him to gasp and get away from Robin.

"So you're in cahoots." Crocodile said, his face bleeding. "I know that Robin has always given you more than you agreed to."

Yukiji swallowed. She should have known that he had noticed. "You've been a good help to me, too. But your years of work here are also done. Thanks to you, I was able to prepare myself very well for the navy and for the straw hats." Crocodile grinned and slammed Robin against the nearest wall with his sand before running towards Yukiji, opening his hook and ramming it into Yukiji's body.

The young woman was thrown to the other side of the ruins by the force of the impact and ended up lying motionless on the ground. She would not have been able to defend herself anyway. Her body was too weak to do any damage at all.

"Crocodile!" roared an energetic voice. "Straw hat." replied the man addressed. "How many times do you want to die?" he asked him and got no real answer.

"Huh? Who's that?" Luffy mumbled, seeing an unknown woman lying on the ground. "Someone who was very useful to me." Crocodile grinned and turned his attention back to himself. From that moment on, Yukiji could hear the sounds of fighting, which caused the ceiling to collapse.

"Yu..kiji..." gasped Robin who had crawled to her. "You...didn't have to do that."

The pink-haired girl looked at Robin as best she could before she smiled softly and continued to smile weakly. "You..helped me..too. So...all's well..." Yukiji, who had become increasingly tired, finally closed her eyes.