Chapter 69

Shivering, Yukiji looked at her bloodied hands as the whole escape had succeeded and they were now in the grove 12. The blood, which was also on her clothes, made Yukiji think of Nova, whom she had to abandon. Tears ran down her cheeks and dripped onto the palms of her hands.

"I'm sure she's still alive." said Chopper, who had wiped away the blood with a cloth. Words that Yukiji couldn't hear at the moment. How could he? Everything happened so quickly.

"Usopp!" roared Luffy loudly, which made Yukiji flinch. She had never heard Luffy shout so loudly before, which even scared Usopp. "I don't want to know where the One Piece is!" he shouted, explaining that he wanted to go on adventures without knowing anything about the new world. Apparently Yukiji had missed quite a lot.

She had only vaguely realized that the old man was called Silver Rayleigh and was the vice-captain of Gold Roger. She didn't really want to know any more than that. Nova was more important to her at the moment. How could she dare to stand between her and the shot? How dare she even think about protecting her because of the past!

"Yukiji, come." Sanji gently pulled his sister up and explained to her that Silver would need exactly three days to transform the ship. During this time, they were to stay on the island and hide as best they could.

But Sanji understood Yukiji. Nova had been the most important thing in her life since she was little. Even once she had to think that Nova had died. But he hoped that the black-haired girl had survived. Otherwise, Yukiji would blame herself forever.

"I want to go to the amusement park!" shouted Luffy happily as the group set off. They were currently near Grove 13, as Yukiji realized from a quick look around. She must have been so lost in thought that she hadn't noticed anything at all.

"We mustn't attract attention, Luffy." Nami reprimanded him, who began to nag. He really wanted to go to the park and have some fun. After all, they had to stay here for three days.

"But that would distract Yukiji a bit." said the straw hat, which made everyone look at Yukiji, who was biting her lower lip slightly. How? Luffy wanted to make her happy?

Yukiji swallowed briefly before wiping away the tears that came back up. "Not necessary, but thank you." She smiled now and wanted to concentrate on the matter at hand. As soon as the ship was ready and the escape was successful, Yukiji would be able to think about Nova again.

"Let's see everything we can in these three days." she finally said and was grinned at by Luffy. "Come on then, let's go!" he shouted before an attack reached them and the gang saw an opponent who had almost killed them in the Thriller Bark.