Chapter 18

Yukiji slowly opened her eyes and saw a wooden blanket. There was a white blanket over her body which had given her warmth. She didn't know how long she had slept or what had happened.

"Please, help her." Robin had said to someone, which Yukiji had only heard briefly. Yukiji slowly sat up and looked around. Her body trembled as there were several maps of islands in the room. There were books on the shelves that told everything else about them.

"You're awake." she heard a soft but anxious voice say. Yukiji slowly turned her head to the side. A reindeer was standing by the wooden staircase, trying to hide behind the wooden bars. Not a good place to hide anyway. But standing upside down was no good either.

Yukiji swallowed hard. Had this reindeer just spoken? If so, then he must have eaten a devil fruit. Otherwise, such a thing would not be possible.

"You were poisoned. It was very close if I hadn't treated you." the reindeer continued. So Robin had asked him for help. "I..." she began to say and coughed when her dry throat became noticeable again.

"Don't try too hard. You have other flaws besides your wounds." said the reindeer, who had now dared to step a little closer. 

"I waited until you were awake to give you the last of your medicine." came from him, causing her gray eyes to watch him. "Actually, I could have given it to you in your sleep. But in your condition, I wanted to wait until you were awake."

He didn't look like an enemy to Yukiji. However, her hands trembled through her still weak body. "I'm Tony Tony Chopper, by the way. But just call me Chopper." the reindeer introduced himself and tried to do his medical work as best he could.

Even Yukiji realized that he was scared. She could understand him. After all, they didn't know each other. "R..Robin...," Yukiji mouthed and Chopper looked at her with a slight grin.

"Part of our crew!" Chopper said, causing Yukiji to widen her eyes. She was on a pirate ship!? First Sir Crocodile and now with someone again? What was Robin thinking!

"I'll give you another antibiotic." Chopper now explained, hopping onto the bed and holding a syringe in his hooves. At that moment, her hands began to tremble even more.

Yukiji's eyes widened anxiously and all her old memories came flooding back. Her own screams when her father had tampered with her genes. Her screams as the liquid from his drug entered her body.

Before Chopper could even get the needle in, Yukiji swung her hand as a large gust of wind had come up, smashing Chopper through the wood at full speed.

"Oii! Chopper! What have you done!" someone yelled down on the deck, looking at Chopper with squinting eyes. "C..cherry..blossoms..." he breathed softly as they flew onto his face.