Chapter 72

Although it had not been a good idea for Yukiji, she had decided to see the island with Zoro. At least so that he wouldn't overexert himself and they could find something to do for the night. It didn't seem as if there were any other people here. They would have been noticed quite quickly.

Various animal noises could be heard in the forest. The sun had long since set, which made it difficult to see the roots of the trees. Every now and then, Yukiji turned her gaze to Zoro, who had slowed down from time to time.

It wasn't the best idea to run around now. His body wouldn't be able to keep up at some point. Zoro was very stubborn in this matter. No matter what Yukiji would offer him, he would refuse.

"Nhhg..." she heard him say, which was a sign to take a break. Just as Zoro took another step, his legs gave way, which Yukiji had anticipated and held him tightly. Her right arm was around his back and she held his arm with her left hand.

"You really should listen to me or your body about this." she reprimanded the older man and his eyes narrowed. "I can still do it." he said and gritted his teeth. No, not really.

"Zoro, we..." "We're going further." he interrupted Yukiji tensely, which was not a good idea. She looked worriedly at his face and wrestled with herself.

More noises came from the forest, approaching quite quickly. It was not the sound of birds that had flown here. Shadows that could barely be seen in the darkness flitted over their heads.

Automatically, Zoro reached for the hilt of a sword, ready to defeat the enemies. Although he couldn't even fight anymore, he wanted to protect this stubborn girl, who made no move to let him go.

"Zoro..." he heard his name softly from her. "Don't you dare draw a sword..." she added quietly, sounding as if it really wasn't a good idea. "Why...?" Zoro asked, exhausted, although he didn't really want to show it. His eyes turned slightly to Yukiji who had raised her head. Straining slightly, he tried to raise his head himself and swallowed briefly when there was a large gang of monkeys above them.

Not really an opponent. But the way they looked, it wasn't a good idea to fight them. Zoro realized this and loosened his grip on the handle again. Would these monkeys attack now?

"Ehm...well...", Yukiji began to speak simply and started smiling at the monkeys. "We've lost our way. Could you show us the way out of here?" she asked simply and Zoro looked at her with wide eyes. "As if they listen to you!" he grumbled. "Why? It's worth a try..." Yukiji said, trying to use words instead of force.

"What did Nova always say to me? Be nice and friendly when you stand, then people will come to meet you." , Yukiji quoted with a grin and received an almost angry look. "They're monkeys, that will never happen!"