Chapter 36

The wind blew through Yukiji's hair as she leaned slightly against the ship's railing and propped her elbows up to look at the vastness of the sea. The journey to Sky Island was quite a mess. Apparently, as was always the case with this crew. Of course, what Yukiji had heard.

But what she had experienced so far had been extremely enjoyable for her. Not the fights or the opponents that had come. No, the cohesion of this crew. Yukiji couldn't have imagined anything better after Sir Crocodile.

How often had she thought about simply dying on his ship? How many times had she hoped that someone could help her? How many times had she thought about going back to her family in North-Blue? Again and again, she would say. But here with Luffy and everyone else, Yukiji didn't have that thought. She didn't want to leave here either, not because of Sanji, but because she believed she could do something good here. Even if she received a wanted poster.

Maybe one already exists but hasn't been posted yet. After all, since Alabasta, there have been a lot of rumors and conversations among people about Luffy's crew. Also, you would have to know Yukiji and Robin because of Sir Crocodile.

Well, Yukiji was kept hidden. However, the people of Alabasta should have heard something of her when she was at the tomb of the kings. Yukiji couldn't rule it out. Robin, however, was already known at the age of eight.

"What is your little head thinking about, stubborn girl?" asked Zoro, who appeared next to her and had apparently stopped training. He had put away his oversized dumbbells. And he probably wasn't thinking about sleep at the moment.

"About a lot of things." said the pink-haired woman, ignoring the nickname Zoro had given her. "At first I thought about whether I might have received a wanted poster for Sir Crocodile, which wasn't sent out because I didn't really do much against him. On the other hand, I spied on the Navy and everything that went for him, which is why maybe not yet really knows where I should be classified."

Zoro next to her said nothing. What for? He wasn't really the kind of person who asked a lot of questions or really cared about such things. But since he had become interested in her in Skypia, his inner self simply wanted to find out more about her.

Not just what he saw here on the ship or islands. He had gotten the greedy and good-natured nature, which also crossed over into the strong, since Alabasta. But he just wanted more. He wanted to be able to assess Yukiji better. There was a reason why Chopper liked her the most.

"And how Nova is doing." , Yukiji added, also becoming more thoughtful at the name. "The navy woman?" Zoro asked since he hadn't really listened that day. He was rather passive and neither interfered nor was he interested in this woman. Why? She was from the Navy and only interacted with Yukiji and the spoon wielder.

"Nova." , Yukiji corrected him and heard a slight hum from him, as if he was trying not to raise his voice or say something. "But yes. I wonder what she's doing now and whether she even got her own fleet. I'd even be surprised if she's traveling with Mihawk."

"And if so, you will find out about it at the next meeting." said Zoro. It was unbelievable what kind of thoughts women could have. "Who am I even talking to here..." Yukiji breathed out. She knew what Zoro was like. She would never really have a great conversation with him.

And yet she found it incredibly sweet of him that he was somehow worried and spoke to her. Despite his appearance, Zoro had a really good and sensitive heart.