Chapter 24

Sitting on his knees with his hands on the wooden floorboards, Yukiji looked at the young man in front of him. He had kept his eyes closed for several minutes, had his hands on the back of his head and seemed to be asleep. Or so Yukiji thought.

It was impossible to sleep properly with such a racket going on all the time on the ship. Either he could, or he was just pretending. No one could know. For that reason alone, Yukiji stayed put and waited for him to stir.

Her eyes continued to watch him. Just like a few days ago, Yukiji found him attractive. She didn't know why. But Sanji probably couldn't really stand him, the way they always insulted each other. Moss-head was actually a pretty good description. But Yukiji didn't want to call anyone by any other name. After all, she also just wanted to be called by her name.

"Huh...?" came from Zoro after a few seconds, who had slowly opened his eyes. The reason for this was that he had felt more than just watched. Almost a stalker look that could have come from Sanji.

But this was not to be seen here. Instead, storm gray eyes were now looking right into his brown ones, which had been staring at him like an eagle. Zoro blinked several times before he winced and fell to the floorboards.

"Ahh! Why are you staring at me so stupidly!?" he yelled loudly when he finally realized what was going on. Not even really moving, Yukiji continued to glare at him. "Because I waited until you were awake."

"Then wake me up instead of looking at me like you want to eat me!" Zoro continued to yell, which confused Yukiji. "Eat...you...?" she mumbled quietly and drifted off to eat. "I don't think it would be tasty..."

Staring at the young woman because she had really thought about it, Zoro gritted his teeth. What's so wrong with her!? She's not even close to that frizzy brow!

"Train me!" he heard after his short train of thought and swallowed as Yukiji was now closer to him again and had her face over his. Because he had been frightened by her, Zoro continued to lie on the ground. His elbows supported him slightly from the floorboards.

"How...train...?" he asked, a little confused himself. How had she come up with this idea? There was only one person he would have trained with. Kuina, to whom he had made a promise.

No other female form would get too close to him. He wouldn't even begin to train with anyone. Even if Sanji beat him up.

"Yes, Usopp got my weapon ready today and I need someone who knows about swords." Yukiji said, almost slapping him in the face with a wooden staff.

"You want me to train you for this useless staff?!" Zoro yelled angrily, which Yukiji didn't understand at all. "Huh? It's an aikido staff..." she muttered thoughtfully and began to grin. "With a little extra!"

Annoyed by her, Zoro simply pushed the pink-haired girl back by her shoulder so that he could sit up completely. His eyes flicked slightly over to her. Her gray eyes continued to stare at him expectantly. There was no way she was going to give up, that much was clear.

"Stubborn girl..." he grumbled softly and received a wry look. "I ate a devil fruit, so it certainly won't be boring for you." Yukiji tried to convince him.

Zoro grumbled again. Yukiji was actually right. So far, he had only been able to train alone or sometimes with Luffy. His eyes turned to their supposed weapon from Usopp.

"What if you lose?" he asked the pink-haired girl. "I won't lose. And if I do, I'll keep fighting and keep getting up until I win against you!" Yukiji grinned and finally stood up.

"So you're saying you won't lose?" asked Zoro, his ambition intact. "So if you win, then I'll keep training you. Otherwise, you're out of luck."

Yukiji briefly bit her lower lip. So she had to do her best and convince Zoro that she was strong enough. Not easy, but doable. "Agreed." She nodded and heard an annoyed call from Nami.

"Just wait until we're on an island!"